1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S TIME TO BUY STOCKS MYRTLEWOOD RIFLE F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

A lot of folks who have looked at the Maple Blanks have asked for a few views of Myrtlewood blanks for both shotguns and rifles. This rifle has been earmarked for a special project of mine which may never happen since I'm in the middle of slabbing, laying out and milling about 6000 Franquette English and Black Walnut stock blanks. Ain't had this much fun since the hogs ate Granny. Never knew what that meant, but you get the drift.

Massive nine year old Myrtlewood rifle blank measuring 37 inches long, 8 inches tall at the butt, 2 7/8 inches tall at the muzzle and a full 2 1/2 inches thick. Measured at 6 1/2 percent moisture content by weight today, January 12, 2010. Great symmetry side-to-side with beautiful dark stripes running the full length of the blank. Every inch of this blank is covered with solid bees-wing figure fiddleback that will finish as a masterpiece on any gun it's mated with. The dark wood on the bottom of the left side has a surface check that I'm told by two elite stockmakers will mill out completely in the duplication process, as will the remainder of the dark wood on that corner. The blank is arrow straight with no twist or bend. It is completely stable.

The price on this blank is $500.00 with ten percent of the sale price going to David for the benefit of TS.com. I will pick up the shipping by the most reasonable method to your location.

[​IMG]

Left side view. The brown slice on the bottom has a check which will mill out with the rest of that slice of dark wood during the duplication process. The bees-wing fiddleback figure is visible throughout every inch of the blank.

[​IMG]

Right side view. The stripe and bees-wing are really apparent in this view.

[​IMG]

Close-up view highlighting the bees-wing fiddleback. Rock to your right and left as you view the picture and you can see the "animation" in the depth of the shimmer. Unique to Myrtlewood.

The next blank is one of the rarest aberrations of the rarest wood in the world. This is a shotgun 2-piece set with a stunning combination of 80% Tiger Stripe coverage and fantastic burl figure in the same blank. This huge blank measures 20 inches long, 8 inches tall at the butt, 4 inches at the reciever and a full three inches thick. Measured moisture content by weight is 9.3% today, January 12, 2010.

This is the non-traditional blank you want to put on the last, best, most special shotgun you are ever going to own. This one will take the most radical "twisted sister" and the tallest Monte Carlo all at the same time. This blank comes with a forend that will extend either the Tiger Stripe or the Burl Figure, your choice. Price for the set is $1000.00. THIS SET IS SOLD. As always, ten percent of the deal goes directly back to TS.com for support of this site.

[​IMG]

Left side view. Tiger stripe coverage is complete on this side.

[​IMG]

Right side view. The burl is more pronounced on this side. Most of the light wood on the bottom will mill out during duplication, revealing Tiger Stripe figure.

[​IMG]

Butt view to show the completeness of the Tiger Stripe. Top of the blank is to the left in this picture. The burl figure without the black line content runs out very quickly as it moves toward the receiver end of the blank as evidenced on the right side view.

You asked for Myrtlewood, you got Myrtlewood! Please ask any questions via the email address above. I check that address two or three times a day wherever I am in the world. I can't always get back to TS.com on a daily basis. I'm building a website for White Creek Gunstock Blanks and will have a banner ad on this site as soon as the site is complete. Thanks for looking.

Mike Mann White Creek Gunstock Blanks LLC Your Myrtlewood Source

2. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

How much for the Tiger stripe (with burl) with matching forend. You can send a PM.

Thanks,
    David McMillen

3. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

David,

PM sent. The price is in the descriptive text, but as I look at it now, it's sorta hidden (not by design). Thanks for your interest.

Regards, Mike Mann

4. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

The Shotgun set is sold and on the way to its new owner. Thank you. Another $100.00 going to David for the support of TS.com. The rifle is still searching for a new home. I might consider an interesting trade for the rifle blank. Email to the address above with your offers.

Mike Mann

5. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

On the way to the SHOT Show and thought I'd stop in San Jose and shoot 500 doubles just to keep in shape. With all the talk about trading something for something else, I'm a little disappointed that I don't have a few interesting offers for the rifle blank. Open for a trade suggestion of your choice. Email insane offers to above address. No children or wives/ex-wives please. Remington 870 Comps, Model 31s, factory big-bore 1100/1187s might be a good general direction.

The rifle blank will also make an outstanding shotgun set. Just hafta cut it in half!

Mike Mann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
does myrtlewood make good gunstocks

myrtlewood gun stocks

myrtlewood rifle stockfor sale

myrtlewood shotgun stocks

myrtlewood stocked rifles for sale

tiger myrthe wood
tiger myrtle wood
twisted sister gunstock