1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S TIGER STRIPE MYRTLE---ALL SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Found several pieces of Tiger Stripe Myrtlewood in the back room of an old mill this weekend while up the coast looking for Maple. On Saturday we took a break from milling the last 48 Blood Myrtle 2-piece sets and took a ride up the coast to Bandon looking for Maple logs for my friend who sells to the musical instrument marketplace. We found a small mill where the owner was doing inventory to start the new year. No Maple, but over a cup of coffee she said there might be a few pieces of Myrtlewood that an ex-employee had cut in 2001/2002. Three excellent pieces were dragged out of the back of an old office, dusted off and haggled over. Haggling done, we brought 'em into the shop this morning, planed 'em off to see what was really under the ten years worth of oxidation and applied one finger coat of Tru-Oil to one side to illustrate the finished colors, stripe, fiddle and contrast. My friends and fellow shooters on TS.com are the first to see these three. If any don't find homes in the next few weeks, they'll be part of the website which looks like it will debut around February 1 after we get back from the SHOT Show and the Custom Gunmakers Guild.

IMG_3291.jpg?

IMG_3294.jpg?

#17 left side with Tru-Oil to bring up the colors.

IMG_3299.jpg?

IMG_3295.jpg?

#17 right side taken dry. Dimensions are 28 inches long, 6 1/2 inches tall at butt, 3 1/2 inches tall at muzzle and 2 7/8 inches thick. The blank should be long enough to yield both the stock and forend for a 2-piece set. If it isn't, I'll supply a forend blank. Price is $700.00 and BLANK IS SOLD.

IMG_3309.jpg?

#18 right side. This one is a combination of everything you can get in a Myrtlewood blank. Tiger stripe, color, stripe and incredible fiddleback abound, and this is the ugly side!

IMG_3306.jpg?

#18 left. I'll let the picture speak for itself. Dimensions are 18 inches long, 8 inches tall at the butt, 3 3/8 inches tall at the receiver and 2 7/8 inches thick. Price is $650.00 and BLANK IS SOLD.

IMG_3300.jpg?

IMG_3302.jpg?

#19 right side taken dry.

IMG_3303.jpg?

IMG_3305.jpg?

#19 left side with Tru-Oil. Dimensions are 27 1/2 inches long, 7 5/8 tall at the butt, 4 inches tall at the muzzle and 2 7/8 inches thick. If your stock maker orients the layout upside down, the Tiger Stripe will exposed completely on the right side and about sixty percent on the left (oiled side). Because the coverage is limited on one side, price is $525.00 and BLANK IS SOLD. This one should also be big enough to yield both pieces of a 2-piece set. If not, I'll supply a forend blank as well.

The original cutter knew what he was doing because after drying and finish planing, all three are 2 7/8 inches thick. First request at the email address above gets first dibs and I'll pick up the shipping to the continental U. S.

Thanks for looking and Happy New Year,

Mike Mann WHITE CREEK GUNSTOCK BLANKS LLC Your Myrtlewood Source

2. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

All three blanks have been sold.

Thanks for looking and Happy New Year.

Mike Mann

3. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Gary,

We each do our little part. The really heavy responsibility lies with you, however. When your K-80 is finished, any missed targets will forever be the sole responsibility of the shooter. No more excuses like "the cast was off by a sixteenth of an inch", "the wife poisoned me at breakfast", "a fly got in my eye" etc.

As always, I'm anxious to see how Dennis and his crew make a fantastic piece of nature's finest even fantasticer. Looking forward to the "after" pictures.

Regards, Mike Mann

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I get to put the first scratch on it Gary ( or no more Coors) LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

tiger myrtle for sale