1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S - Some Leupold Riflescopes

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by WoodsonEnt, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

To the best of my understanding Leupold is doing away with their VX - III line of scopes. I have some of these in stock or have access to these. Let me know if you are interested. Shipping will be $8.00 insured through UPS.

3.5-10x40mm, Silver Finish, Duplex Reticle $400.00
    3.5-10x40mm, Gun-Metal Finish, Boone & Crockett Reticle $470.00
    4.5-14x40mm, Silver Finish, Boone & Crockett Reticle $477.00

I also have access to all Leupold Scopes (VX - III is getting hard to get)! Please let me know if I can help you get a new scope. We accept check, money order, or credit card.

Matt - Woodson Enterprises
    Phone: (270) 804-5454

2. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Do you have access to Vari X III scopes or the VX III Models? Please LMK.

Thanks

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The Vari-X line of scopes was replaced with the VX line some time ago. According to my contact at Leupold, the model designator was changed because of improvements made to the optics across the board that required new manufacturing techniques. As a result of these improvements, the new-ish entry-level Rifleman series essentially is the old Vari-X I and, along with some other lines, employs the older manufacturing. Each model in the VX line is at least better than the next step up in the Vari-X line. For example, the current VX-I has better optical clarity and light transmission than the old Vari-X II. As I understand it, the new manufacturing is dedicated to the VX line.

I have a lot of Leupold scopes in both series and can only find two nit-picky negatives with the VX line. The narrow gold ring on the objective of the Vari-X III has been deleted, however the wide one remains and is a quick visual differentiator between the VX-III and the VX-I and II, which still carry the narrow ring. And the sunshade threads on the adjustable objective models were changed and result in Vari-X and VX shades not being interchangeable because the VX shades are slightly smaller in diameter than the actual objective. Otherwise, all changes made were for the better.

Not all Vari-X III models were carried forth, however. One of my favorites, the 3.5-10x, is no longer available with an adjustable objective lens as a VX-III. And the number of finishes on some models has been reduced with many no longer being available in gloss and very few being offered in gloss and matte at the same time.

Although the VX line is an improvement over the Vari-X line, the Vari-X line was always one of the finest available and I sure am not motivated to replace my Vari-Xs with XVs!

Ed

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

As Ed stated.

Matt - Woodson Ent.

5. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Original post edited for clarity. Sorry for any confusion!

Matt - Woodson Ent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.