1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S: S&W Mod. 27-3 (357 mag) MINT!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by map@neo, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. map@neo

map@neo Member

For sale is a Smith & Wesson Model 27-3 Revolver. It has a 6" bbl., target
    hammer and target trigger. Factory adjustable sights and factory walnut target
    grips. 100% beautiful, "black mirror" blue. This gun is in mint condition and appears unfired! Sorry, no box or papers. $595. plus actual shipping charges to
    your FFL. Thankyou.
    MAP

2. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Best S&W they ever made!!!!!!!!!!

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I had one with a 3 inch barrel, been kicking myself for ever getting rid of it but the kids needed to eat at the time ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    THE best S&W's made are the .357 Magnum "Registered Magnums" of the mid-1930's, and the .44 Hand Ejector "New Century" Triple Locks made just about 100 years ago.<br>
    <br>
    As great as the Model 27 is, it still is not up to these two old timers.<br>
    <br>
    I have a "Registered Magnum" made in 1936, the second year of production. It's glass smooth. The crane even has a detend ball in it that keeps the cylinder open. (If you turn the gun upside down with the cylinder open, it will not swing shut but remains open.) These were hand fitted guns, custom made on special order.<br>
    <br>
    And a Triple Lock Target in .44 Special, made in 1912. It's glass smooth, and made with the same quality as the Registered Magnum. Triple Locks are rare, and target models are even rarer.<br>
    <br>
    I also have a Model 27, but with an 8-3/8" barrel. It's a beautiful gun, well made, and accurate. But it is not the best S&W made, though it is close. It mainly gets used for target shooting and small game hunting. Wadcutters are quite accurate from it, and they do not destroy meat. You can eat right up to the bullet hole.<br>
    <br>
    I had a Model 27 with a 3-1/2" barrel, and it's one of my laments that I sold it.<br>
    <br>
    I opened this post hoping this gun had a 5" barrel. Alas, it's a 6". I've always wanted a Model 27 with a 5" barrel, just to have that barrel length in my collection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.