1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S S&W Custom Build PPC gun

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by grummanflyr, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grummanflyr

grummanflyr TS Member

0   0   0

Another item from the Estate Sale: This is a Smith & Wesson custom built police practical combat gun. Set up for double action only the trigger has been worked to a fine smooth pull for competition shooting, this is a heavy revolver with adjustable front and rear sights , ball lock on the cylinder , has a very nice tight lock up , very accurate piece with the custom bull barrel.Please see the auction site linked above for more pictures. If emailing me please drop the xxx.
    Auction starts at $599. thanks, Walt
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

0   0   0

It looks like it is built on a 4 screw frame, not a 5 screw. Is there a model number designation under the crane (on the frame)?

3. grummanflyr

grummanflyr TS Member

0   0   0

Your correct, my error. I have 2 PPC guns as part of the estate sale and this one is a 4 screw and the other is a 5 screw. Thanks for catching that.
    Walt

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I could be way off, but, looks like it's a 1957 vintage model 10...Brings back fond memories of when the eyes could focus on the sights...Would be interesting to know the P.Dept...

5. grummanflyr

grummanflyr TS Member

0   0   0

This gun is based on a model 10 frame , don't know the year produced but it's a 4 screw model 10- nothing. Great lockup and an exceptional double action trigger .
    This gun is a joy to shoot loaded up with 148gr hollow based wad cutters.

6. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Who built up the gun? Todd

7. grummanflyr

grummanflyr TS Member

0   0   0

This is an estate sale, don't know who originally built the gun.

8. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I used to shoot PPC. and both of mine were from Guthridge and were just like that. Even to the front presetting aristocrat rib sight. They were a joy to shoot and could stack bullets through the same hole. I sold them a couple years ago, but because of lack of interest, got less than that for both of them. It seems no one shoots PPC any more. Good Luck

9. grummanflyr

grummanflyr TS Member

0   0   0

Leo, I agree, I've had an opportunity to shoot this gun and it's a tackdriver.
    As for gun prices, seems that in the past year there has been a real run on guns ( and ammo and primers and components ) not exactly sure why but in hard times people seem to like guns and gold....

10. grummanflyr

grummanflyr TS Member

0   0   0

11. grummanflyr

grummanflyr TS Member

0   0   0

I have this piece on auction at gunbroker. ( see the link above )
    This is a good deal on this type of revolver. Looking at gunsmith prices it would cost over $700 to have the work done that this gun has had and that's AFTER YOU provide the gun!

The auction closes on the 8th and will sell to the highest bidder.
    This is a really nice gun to shoot and is very accurate.

Walt

12. grummanflyr

grummanflyr TS Member

0   0   0

Guy's this auction ends in less than 24 hours, this gun will be sold to the high bidder on this auction. Very nice gun with over $700 in gunsmithing and parts added to a nice early 4 screw Smith & Wesson revolver.

Thanks,
    Walt

13. grummanflyr

grummanflyr TS Member

0   0   0

Gun is sold pending payment, thanks
    Walt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ppc gun photography