1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Ruger Single Six .22/.22 Mag (Stainless)

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WWB, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWB

WWB Member

Weren't or aren't those things good looking firearms........just looking at it makes one want one....must be the "cowboy" or the "John Wayne" in most of us.
    Hope you sell it.
    Bill

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I have a 5½ SS pre-warning that has killed more rabbits than my shotgun. Great gun! Mine was stolen in 1989, recovered in 2000, now resides in my safe.

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

In 1976, I bought a blued one that had "Made in the 200th year of American Liberty" rollmarked on the top of the barrel. Of course, I later sold it...

Ed

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I mowed a whole lot of lawns to earn the $90 that one of these cost in 1973. That was my first pistol and I still have it. Suprised by the $400 asking price of this one but then again I wouldn't sell mine for that amount, too many good memories.

5. Robb

Robb Member

I have one just like it including the same holster. Lot of gun for the money. I put Bullseye springs in it. Slick as a Python now. Well, almost. Not for sale.

6. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

Switchblade, You have mail.
    Matt Woodson

7. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

I recieved a Ruger Single Six for my 18th birday in 1959. It predated the mag. error and has a 49000 plus serial number. I think it sold new then for less than $80.00. They are a great little gun and were popular with the fellowes who hunted bear, cougar, coons, and Bob Cats with hounds. I'm not saying they shot bear and couger with them but they were good on Coons and Cats. Spent a few nights in the woods following the dogs and woundering what trail they were on. Post-2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ruger single six for trapping