1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S RUGER 77 25/06 BROWNING BOLT 30/06 PICS

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Barry C. Roach, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

what's a 25.06 good for?

2. senorric

senorric Member

0   0   0

EVERYTHING, up to, and including mule deer and maybe elk!

3. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

The 25-06 is probably the best varmit caliber out there. They will shoot as flat as any caliber out there. Also will kill most game in the us will proper loads.
    Chris

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

My uncle Elvin killed 60 head of Elk with the exacy same 25-06 Ruger varmint. he used Hornady Flat back hollow point bullets ( they have a super thick jackets) he never recovered a bullet from 50 yards to 400 plus they went all the way through the Elk.

Elvin was also a sniper in the Marine corp so shot placement was normally excellent. The right bullets are key if you plan to shoot Elk.

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If I could only have one rifle, it would be a .25-06. I have three of them and unless you're going up against the biggest bears or a moose, you cannot be undergunned with the right bullet - and with good shot placement, it will work on them as well.

Ed

6. jakeduke

jakeduke Member

0   0   0

I am with Ed on one rifle. If I had only one rifle this would be it. I bought my first one at eighteens years of age,and still use one today at age fifty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.