1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F S RUGER # 1 375 h&h

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KEYBEAR, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

RUGER #1 NIB - $800.00 rings and all

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Gus - Alf was just doing a comparison I bet

If you have modifed your number 1 - its probably worth in the range of $350

you are probably 400 dollars too high

I think Alf might have been trying to broach that subject lightly

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. zap

zap TS Member

I to think you are a bit overpriced on the gun as I just purchased a new in box no. 1 in 338 win mag from sportsman warehouse for almost two hundred dollars less than you are asking.??? I have wanted a 375h&h and if you reduce your price i am interested (ps they all come with rings)

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

GUS on Gunsamerica a new in the box Ruger number 1 in 375 H&H is $795.00 in stainless it,s 829.00 . I would sell my number 1 in 458 win for 750.00 and be very happy about it . All the number 1,s come with rings and a trigger job is not a plus on a used gun . Your price is to high but looking at your other stuff for sale it,s in line for you .

ALF-99

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

This is a candidate for a release trigger. LOL

One generally has to eat custom work and parts. (sigh)

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    When I was a teenager in college I always wanted a Ruger #1 Tropical in 375 H&H, but didn't have the money. College sucked it up.<br>
    <br>
    Now 30 years later I still want one, but now I have a kid in college and my money is still getting sucked up.<br>
    <br>
    #1s are just so cool, especially the Tropical models, because they look like British Farquharson big game rifles.<br>
    <br>
    Also, when I was a kid the cartridges were $1 each, and I thought they were expensive then.<br>
    <br>
    Out of curiosity, is this gun early enough that it doesn't have the warning crap stamped on the barrel?

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

gus I,m not selling my Ruger #1 in 458 Win but you don,t understand do you .

The ASS

8. 8 1/2 shot

8 1/2 shot TS Member

I always wanted one as well, still do actually. But I shot one, and that one kicked!! I picked up an L61R 375, its heavier and holds more shots. I am plenty happy using it but still would love to get a tropical #1. Would be a great deer gun with a nice mild load, maybe some cast bullet action.

9. DANFAM4

DANFAM4 TS Member

GUS- Think about this. ALF was not offering or advertising his for sale. He was simply making a statement about your orginal asking price. He was saying that if someone would actually pay $750 for a used #1 that he would let his go for $750 and be happy! I dont know ALF-99 in person, and I'm new to the forums. However, I have read enough threads to know that ALF does know what he is talking about when it comes to guns. I'm not sure if he knows MUSH though? I dont have any idea what MUSH is? Fill me in.

10. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

I used to shoot a lot of 235 gr Speers through the ones I had, used a compressed load of AA 8700, and loved them.

The 458's are going to kick the taste out of your mouth. If you dont' watch what you are doing when you download them, they will hangfire. Not a pleasant thing in that caliber!!!

11. bluehaze

bluehaze Member

12. spritc

spritc Active Member

Gus, I wouldn't get too excited about Alf-99, he thinks he knows what every gun is worth and comments (negative) on most. Just wait until he wants to sell another one of his guns and then you can tell him what his is worth. It is amazing how many gun prices ALF-99 does comment on. By the way DANFAM4, ALF-99 is not an expert on any gun except the ones he owns.

Steve (also in Indiana, but not an ass)

13. gus wasso

gus wasso TS Member

14. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Thank You Steve That is nice of you .

ALF-99

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.