1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S ROYAL WALNUT RIFLE OR 2 PC. SOLD F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Back again with a real show-stopper blank in Royal Walnut. This one could also be a great 2 piece if the buyer so desires. This one has been drying for six months and will require two more years of air drying before it's ready to work.

Super deep colors, broken fiddleback, burl pockets and sharp black stripe through the bulk of the butt combine to make this blank a show-stopper. Measurements are 36 inches long, 8 inches tall at the butt, 2 1/4 inches tall at the muzzle and a full 2 5/8 inches thick. Long enough, tall enough and thick enough for any rifle or shotgun application. If you're planning a stock upgrade or replacement and have a little time to invest, grab this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two views left side with different angles to show all that's going on. Two views left close-up follow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The fine black mold lines are so distinct that it looks like an invasion of Franquette English bled down into the Royal base.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two images right side at different angles. The camera seems to like the Royal Walnut better than the Myrtlewood. Two pictures close-up right side follow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When this one is dry, it will command a $800.00 to $1000.00 price tag. You won't find this incredible combination of color, figure and stripe in pure Eastern Black or pure Western Claro. I'm putting this awesome Royal Hybrid on the sale rack at $395.00 including shipping. Blank is sold pending receipt of funds. First commitment at the email above gets first dibs.

Thanks for looking, Mike Mann WHITE CREEK GUNSTOCK BLANKS LLC

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Mike. I read your thread about the changing walnut trees and watched the vids. Found it fascinating. But what does it really portend for the Walnut woodstock business. i know you get more of the blanks from other trees. Where is this all going in the next 10 years?

J

3. K-Hill

K-Hill Member

0   0   0

I am a part time hobby like knife maker. Am always looking for nice wood to turn into knife scales. Do you ever end up with a pile of small cut off pieces that you would like to discard but they are to nice for the burn pile. Would be interested in some.
    Murray

4. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

MIA,

It may be more a statement of where we're going in the next twenty or thirty years, but the handwriting is clearly on the wall. A really major contributor to the gunstock blank industry for the last 100 years has been the regular harvest of declining production commercial walnut orchards. Folks like Frank Pachmayr, Jack Burres, Larry Lynch, Cecil Fredi and a host of others have done the work necessary to bring really high-grade walnut out of the orchard and into the hands of gun enthusiasts everywhere.

As these Hartley, Franquette, Mayette and other strains that are nearing their sixty, seventy and eighty year maturity are being harvested, all are being replaced with higher and quicker yielding hybrids that will simply never get old enough and, therefore, big enough to produce wood for our use.

More and more wild trees will be harvested along with a limited number of domestic shade and landscape trees that have reached maturity or are just a pain in the xxs because they are so messy on your sidewalk. We will come to rely on international sources (mostly wild trees) which will, unfortunately, drive up the prices due mainly to the transportation and import duty costs.

In short, stable demand, diminishing domestic supply, higher prices. Kinda looks like where it's going. Always interested in other views.

Mike Mann

5. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

let me understand this correctly....buy now for $395, put on a shelf and then sell in 2 years at $800? so that's approx a 42% annual return....if that was the case, I'd like to buy a container please :)

6. Fabbri

Fabbri Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Is this blank Flat sawn.Do you have any French

7. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

vpr80: Mike's got that much, careful what you wish for. Dave T.

8. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

vpr80,

Without any name, I don't know who you are or how you invest, leaving me on the short end of the respect stick. Regardless that, here's the deal. You can buy now at $395.00, store the blank in the proper environment for two or more years, accept whatever liability becomes apparent during the drying period (very little, if you follow directions), advertise it however you chose to do that at whatever price you chose and make whatever markup the market will bear whenever you chose to sell. All of that is your business.

As an alternative, you can not buy anything now, decide that you want this blank after I have accepted the liability during the air drying process and buy it for what I estimate to be between $800.00 and $1000.00, based primarily on the prevailing advertised prices for wood of this type, size and quality. With the current rate of real inflation, your Federal Reserve Notes may have so radically diminished in purchasing power by that time that the alternative may be a sound decision.

In any case, let me know how many pallets you would like (packaged at sixty units per) and I'll probably mitigate the price even further than $395.00. Respectfully submitted.

Fabbri,

This blank is flat-sawn. Yes, I do have an inventory of Franquette English that is still not fully dry. If you have interest, please contact me via PM or at the email above.

Dave T.,

Thanks for the endorsement. I trust that your forends have arrived safely.

Mike Mann

This blank is sold PRF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.