1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S ROYAL WALNUT REDUCED AGAIN F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Got a call from Steven, my miller, yesterday indicating that he was perplexed by a question he got from his wife right after he finished the structural part of the kitchen he just built in their apartment. She apparently had the gall to ask him if he thought it might be appropriate to put some actual appliances in the newly completed kitchen. Being a young man who was still basking in the glory of having actually completed the kitchen, he didn't understand the question. Hence the call to me.

I, being the surrogate Grandfather in his life, did my best to explain the complex goings-on that occur in the mind of a woman who now has a kitchen but no appliances. This was a short conversation, based on what little I know, and led to the conclusion that he needed to raid the drying racks once more and offer to our shooting friends on Trapshooters.com yet another chance to put a few Royal Walnut blanks in their drying racks. He picked three beautiful and striking blanks and asked me to photograph them and offer them to you.

Here we go: Note that the length on these three is a little shorter than our typical 36 inches, but should still be more than adequate for most rifle applications. They may also be long enough for a 2-piece shotgun application, depending on the gun that you're stocking. If you need a closely matching forend blank for your shotgun application, I'll provide one from my extensive (and growing) inventory.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two views right side with different angles to the sun. All blanks have been moistened to approximate colors of the finished stock. Measurements are 29 inches long, 7 1/2 inches at the butt, 3 inches at the muzzle and 2 9/16 thick.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two views left side of G. The light colored swirls and streaks are a rich golden color we've found in a lot of the stumps from this orchard. This blank has rich browns, reds and golds throughout with broken curl and burls as an added bonus. Steven SAYS REDUCE to $200.00 for blank G, which is less than half its value when dry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Left side I. Closeup shows fiddleback that runs through entire width on blank. Measurements are 33 inches long, 6 3/4 inches at the butt, 2 1/8 inches at the muzzle and 2 3/8 inches thick. Probably a little skinny and not tall enough for a tournament shotgun application, but this blank belongs on a classic American double gun some of which were stocked with this exact wood a hundred years ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, the black really is that black, the red is really that red, the burls are that dramatic and the hidden fiddleback will pop out as this blank is sanded and finished. Price on I is REDUCED to $185.00.

Please confirm your interest to Whitecrkgunstock@aol.com. As always, the earliest time stamp will get the first shot. Just a reminder, these blanks are freshly cut and will require about three years of air-drying time before they're ready to work. If you want all three, email me and I'll see what Steven is willing to do. Oops, what I mean is I'll see what his wife will do.

Thanks for looking,

Mike Mann White Creek Gunstock Blanks LLC

2. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Serious conversation about H going on. TTT for young Steven.

Mike Mann

3. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Mike- I sent you an email yesterday saying I would take H if not sold-- did you get it??

4. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Phil,
    You were relegated to Spam. I guess the Spam police aren't trapshooters. Found you languishing in the Spam folder and your request was the first, so H is sold to you per our conversation this morning. Thanks.

Steven says to reduce G and I by fifty bucks, so their new prices are marked as REDUCED. Remember, I'll pick up the shipping so the price is the price. I guess the message is not to mix fan-friggin'-tastic pieces with simply fantastic pieces. The really good gets lost in the great.

We'll show G and I for the next few days at the reduced prices, then back to the drying racks they go. If you want both of 'em, let me know. I might be able to squeeze another penny out of Mrs. Steven.

I'll now check all emails and Spam folders every day to make sure nobody slips between the AOL cracks.

Mike Mann

5. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

G is final reduced to $200.00, I is final reduced to $185.00. We'll leave these up over the weekend to give you guys a place to spend your Lewis winnings. Monday night we'll put 'em back in the drying racks and you'll see 'em again in a couple summers.

Thanks to all for looking and helping out young Steven, Mike Mann

6. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Up to help Steven.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.