1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S ROYAL WALNUT, MYRTLE REDUCED F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

My young miller, Steven, has asked me to show and sell a few more recently cut Royal Walnut shotgun blank sets for him. I asked him where the latest project in the apartment was heading and he proudly showed me the awesome quilted maple deep sill and frame he had just completed for the kitchen window. Mrs. Steven interrupted our reverie by informing us that now might be a great time to actually buy the window to put in the beautiful maple frame. So here's the deal. Two of Steven's Royal Walnut sets are listed for sale below. Since I was up late anyway, I thought I'd also show two Myrtlewood blanks and a Royal Walnut/Franquette English Walnut Graftline shotgun set that I'm offering for sale as well.

Specifics and moisture stats are listed with each blank/set as are the prices.

Stevenroyalmoonscapeleft.jpg?

Stevenroyalmoonscaperight.jpg?

This blank is one of Steven's and measures 20 1/2 inches long, 7 5/8 inches tall at the butt, 3 3/4 inches tall at the receiver and a full 2 3/4 inches thick. It is fresh cut and wet and will take 3 years to be ready to cut. This Royal Walnut burled beauty has a background of broken fiddleback that covers the entire blank. Price reduced from $325.00 TO $275.00. It's one that could be put in your drying rack for a future project. Steven calls it Moonscape.

Stevenroyalwildleft.jpg?

Stevenroyalwildright.jpg?

This Royal Walnut blank we simply call "Wild". The pictures should say it all. By our standards it's a little short, but still more than ample for all but the most extreme shotgun applications. Fresh cut and wet, this blank measures 18 inches long, 7 3/4 inches tall at the butt, 2 1/2 inches tall at the receiver and 2 5/8 inches thick. Also from Steven's inventory, price is $275.00 and IT IS SOLD.

Myrtlerifleleft.jpg?t=1285918621

Myrtleriflecloseleft.jpg?

Left side of a Myrtlewood rifle blank that is dazzling. I've blown up the butt portion to clearly illustrate that the bees wing fiddleback really does cover every inch of this exhibition grade blank.

Myrtlerifleright.jpg?t=1285918903

Myrtleriflecloseright.jpg?

This shimmering Myrtlewood monster measures 37 1/2 inches long, 8 inches tall at the butt, 2 3/4 inches tall at the tip and 2 1/2 inches thick. It is nine years dry and meters 11% moisture on my Wagner L-606 meter. It is dry and ready to work and will make a stunning rifle or a magnificent shotgun set with the forend showing the precise color, stripe and full-coverage fiddleback as the stock. There aren't many (any?) Myrtlewood blanks that have the complete coverage of fine fiddle (bees wing) that this one does. I have coated each side with one coat of Tru-Oil to show the colors, stripe and shimmer of this one. Price is REDUCED from $450.00 to $350.00.

Myrtleshotgunleft.jpg?

Myrtleshotgunright.jpg?

I found this beautiful "Window Pane" Myrtlewood blank in the back room of a shop that was closing after fifty years in the Myrtlewood business. Although the "panes" aren't perfectly vertical, the dark stripe and fantastic color make this blank very unique and desirable. This is the first chunk of Myrtle I've found with the "Window Pane" broken fiddle that is big enough for a gun blank. Measurements are 20 inches long, 8 inches tall at the butt, 4 inches tall at the receiver and 2 3/8 inches thick. There is a small surface stress check on the right side that shows in the picture as a dark line. It doesn't penetrate the blank and will mill out completely during the duplication process. This blank is twelve years dry and measures 12% moisture. Price on this stunner is $395.00 and IT IS SOLD. Thanks H. S.

Graftlineleft.jpg?t=1285920412

Graftlineright.jpg?t=1285920497

This is a graftline blank like the several I showed in an earlier thread. I've been asked to offer one from my inventory, so here it is. Royal Walnut Hybrid in the butt and Franquette English Walnut in the grip and receiver with perfect layout according to the very few makers who work with graftline blanks. The deep reds of the Royal are accentuated wonderfully by the honey colored background and dense, fine black mold lines of the English. Measurements are 20 inches long, 8 inches tall at the butt, 3 3/4 inches tall at the receiver and a full 3 3/4 inches thick. I've produced only about a dozen of this aberration from the 150 tons of wood we brought to the shop. I do have half and half forend blanks which closely match this stock blank. These are rare, especially with the completeness and density of the fine mold lines through the English section. This blank will be between $1200.00 and $1500.00 when dry. Fresh cut and wet its price is $650.00 and IT IS SOLD. Thank you Mike M.

All shotgun blanks will be shipped with a closely matching forend blank. I'll pick up the shipping costs for all blanks in this thread. First response at the email above gets the first shot. I'll be at the Sunnyvale Rod and Gun Club this weekend earning my fourth and last 100,000 target pin (ATA 16 Yard) and enjoying the wonder of eggs benedict at a gun club without flush toilets and running water. Ain't life wonderful. Thanks for looking and let's work on that window for Mrs. Steven!!

Mike Mann WHITE CREEK GUNSTOCK BLANKS LLC

2. FIB

FIB Member

0   0   0

Beautiful pieces of wood you have there!

3. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

ttt

4. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

The Graftline blank is sold.

Mike Mann

5. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

0   0   0

Those royal walnuit blanks are spectacular. However, I can't wait 3 years. If I could, they would both be mine! Gorgeous!!!!!

6. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hey Mike, come on. We heve running water, it is in the creek at the bottom of the hill!!

:)
    Mike Shemwell

7. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Heavy sniffing going on around the Windowpane Myrtle. Don't expect it to last long. Going, going,...................

Delivered the Graftline blank today to a very happy customer in northern California.

Mike Mann

8. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Windowpane Myrtle has been sold and there is now heavy sniffing going on around the "Wild" blank.

The real sleeper in this set is the Myrtlewood rifle. If you know a maker who is looking for a once in a lifetime BIG blank with solid bees-wing figure and good color/stripe that will handle just about any caliber, point 'em toward this thread. Nine years dry and measured at 11% moisture.

The weather has suddenly turned cold here in Oregon and Mrs. Steven really wants that window bought and installed. Take another look at the first two sticks in this thread and help keep the cold winter winds off Steven's two little girls.

9. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

WILD is sold, Windowpane Myrtlewood is sold and Graftline is sold. I've reduced the Myrtlewood rifle to $375.00 and the Moonscape Royal set Steven says reduce to $300.00.

Let me know at the email address above. Mike Mann

10. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Hi Mike:
    As the old saying goes: "He who hesitates is lost" I wanted that Royal Walnut Blank but didn't get back to you fast enough. If you come across any "wild" again let me know. Thanks. Dave T.

11. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Dave,

Did layouts on several thousand Royal blanks this past week. As I get them through the planing process, I'll shoot you a few pics of new candidates for the title "Wild". The colors, stripe, fiddle and figure on some of the high-end blanks has not been seen commercially in quite some time. Fantastic stuff.

Everyone,

I'll reduce the Myrtlewood Rifle one last time to $350.00 and the Moonscape Royal to $275.00. If no interest, they'll be back in the racks this week.

Mike Mann

12. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Thanks Mike: Dave T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.