1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S ROYAL AND ENGLISH WALNUT REDUCED F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I could tell another long tale of my young miller - Steven - and his continuing development of the apartment he's building for his young family but I'll summarize for brevity. Water heater is in, now needs tub, toilet, vanity and snow tires for the business car. Steven has asked me to offer a few very distinctive pieces to my fellow TSers to see if I can raise a few bucks for him and Mrs. Steven and his two lovely daughters, Stevenette 1 and Stevenette 2. As always, I'll pick up the shipping to the lower 48.

All five blanks are wet and will require about three years to be fully seasoned and ready to work. For your viewing pleasure we offer 2 Royal Walnut full rifle blanks (monsters that would also make fantastic 2-piece sets), 2 shotgun blanks which will ship with matching forend blanks and one Franquette English full rifle. I'll do a little selling with each set of pictures only because my camera gets a little flashy indoors. It, like me, misses the sun.

IMG_3315.jpg?

IMG_3312.jpg?

Royal Walnut L left and right. Pictures taken dry to minimize shine.

IMG_3311.jpg?

Close-up of L highlighting the ultra fine fiddleback that is everywhere in this blank. If you like burl figure grab this beauty, but make sure that your maker is comfortable working with highly burled wood. This ain't for the faint of heart. Dimensions 20 1/4" long, 7 1/2" tall, 3 1/2" tall at receiver and 2 5/8" thick. Price $350.00 and BLANK IS SOLD.

IMG_3319.jpg?

IMG_3320.jpg?

Royal Walnut blank M. Another superb burl blank with red and orange tones and gold peeking through. A less demanding layout than L with measurements of 19 3/4" long, 7 1/2" tall, 3 1/2" tall at receiver and 2 5/8" thick. Price $300.00, REDUCED to $250.00 .

IMG_3326.jpg?

IMG_3330.jpg?

Royal full rifle blank N is a "moonscape" burl blank with beautiful gnarly burl clusters, an excellent layout and monster dimensions. 36" long, 9" tall at the butt, 2 3/4" tall at the muzzle and a full 2 3/4" thick. Excellent for a big bore rifle or any shotgun application. Price is $375.00 REDUCED to $335.00.

IMG_3332.jpg?

IMG_3334.jpg?

Royal full rifle O two views of right side from different angles to highlight the "Waterfall" effect much more common in Bubinga than in Walnut.

IMG_3336.jpg?

IMG_3338.jpg?

Blank O left side with blowup showing the delicate (but manly) fiddleback prevalent throughout this rifle blank. Very dark base colors with deep reds and gold streak everywhere. The gold is somewhat unique to the wood harvested from this orchard and is fantastic in the finished stock. Measurements are 36" long, 9" tall at the butt, 3 1/2" tall at the muzzle and a full 2 3/4" thick. Price is $300.00 REDUCED to $260.00.

IMG_3341.jpg?

IMG_3344.jpg?

IMG_3349.jpg?

Franquette English Walnut blank P. Fine line complete coverage over a rich honey colored background. The close-up shows the bees wing fiddle that runs through the top of the blank giving a shimmer almost like Myrtlewood. There are several small pin burls which will require some attention, but are not a structural issue. Dimensions are 37" long, 8" tall at the butt, 3 1/2" tall at the muzzle and 2 3/8" thick. This would also make a great 2-piece set. Price is $350.00 REDUCED to $300.00.

Just a reminder that these blanks are wet and will require three years of drying time before they're ready to work. The prices on these will be at least double when they are dry. Let's help Steven git 'er done. I've told him that I'll introduce him to trapshooting - The Game of Kings - as soon as the apartment is finished. That'll surely ruin his financial life and put both him and me on Mrs. Steven's sxxt list forever.

First confirmed interest at the email above will get dibs on the blank. Please refer to them by letter. If you have to have two or more, I may be able to talk Mrs. Steven into a little discount. REDUCTIONS will remain in place until midnight Tuesday night, January 11, at which time the blanks go back into the drying racks and the prices are restored. Somebody please buy the English blank before I have to.

Thanks for looking and Happy New Year to all,

Mike Mann WHITE CREEK GUNSTOCK BLANKS LLC

2. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Up for Steven and family.

3. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Blank L is sold. Lotsa sniffing around N. If you are seriously interested and want to make a responsible offer, just let me know at the email address above.

Thanks for looking,

Mike Mann

4. black_wal_nut

black_wal_nut TS Member

0   0   0

now that is original. Get it, its like a pun or something.

5. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Reductions applied late Sunday night, January 9 and will expire at midnight, Pacific Time on Tuesday, January 11. Thanks to Gene on blank L, let's help out young Steven.

Mike

6. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

ttt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.