1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S - Rimfire Thickness Gauge

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by WoodsonEnt, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

For sale is a G3 .22LR Rimfire Thickness Gauge. This gauge is a simple and accurate tool designed to sort .22LR by rim thickness. This tool allows you to sort your ammo by rim thickness. This tool works for .22LR only. This gauge sells from Sinclair for $33.00 plus shipping. You can own it for $20.00 shipped. I accept credit/debit cards, PayPal, and check. It comes with lanyard and instuctions.

Matt Woodson - Woodson Enterprises

2. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

3. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Yep, that's it. It looks just like mine.

I bought mine from Sinclair years ago and it works. It is a little tedious to sort .22 ammo bu rim thickness but it does improve group size at 100 yds. You also need a sorting block or box with a sorting block built into it. I don't know who makes them but I have a red one and a blue one. They have 10 rows of 5 on each side of a middle section that has room for two boxes of Wolf or Federal sized 50 round boxes.

I think that I got them from midway.

When it's snowing or during some other quiet time, I take a dial caliper and the rim thickness tool and sort a box or two of ammo. I measure a whole box at a time and place each round in sequence accordance to rim thickness in a line. I then arrange them in groups of five in the box.

I don't shoot competition but if I did I would experiment with sorting a couple of boxes within a brick and try to get groups of 5 rounds with exactly the same rim thickness.

On a day with no wind, I can shoot 1" 5 shot groups of 5 from my Ruger 77/22 varmint model. It has a 24" heavy barrel and 6x18 Leupold dot scope.

I bet shooters with Anshutz or Kimber rifles can do even better. One old boy around here had a WW II era Mossberg .22 Army training rifle that would out
    shoot any of the high grade target rifles.

Ed Ward

4. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

0   0   0

You have a PM!

AndyH ;-)

5. kolar12

kolar12 Member

0   0   0

Another idea you might want to try is to weigh the loaded rounds. I did a test quite a few years ago and this turned in better groups than rim sorting.

6. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

This thread has been updated. I did not advertise correctly. This gauge works for .22 Long Rifle Only. I originally advertised as ALL Rimfires. Buyer got it, and found it was .22LR only. My mistake, and it is on it's way back. Still available for $20.00 shipped! Will ship as soon as I get it back.

Matt

7. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Rim sort then weigh with a powder scale sort in groups of 5. My old Win M-52 with a Leupold 6x scope will shoot under an inch at 100yds with this sorting and Ely target ammo.

Bob

8. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

9. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Matt,

If still available I'll take it.

My only concern is that I am on the road until 6/22 and will not be able to send you a check/MO until I return (business trip in Europe).

Feel free to e-mail me (drop the X's)

David Delacato

10. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

David,

I will hold it for you. Will send email to you tonight. I am headed to Tennessee State Shoot to shoot CAPS today.

Matt

11. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Matt,

Thanks,

If all goes well Tuesday I shall visit the Beretta museum and Beretta Due factory, as well as the Fiocchi shell factory - life is tough...

Actually, I will be in Milan for one week of work, and have one day off - a friend has arranged this for me.

back home June 22.

David D.

12. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

David,

I am back from Tennessee State Shoot. I will be sending you an email in a minute. Enjoy the sight seeing.

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

22lr rim thickness

22lr rim thickness gauge
22lr rim thickness gauge for sale
g3 rimfire thickness gauge
how to sort 22lr ammo by rim thickness

rimfire thickness gauge

sorting 22lr rim thickness for accuracy