1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Remington Nylon 66 .22 (circa 1970)

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by widomaker, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

I have one of those bought it brand new and maybe 100 rounds through it. Great gun I love it accurate too. I bought it in the early 80's don't know when it was manufactured though. Its Black too.

2. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

I have a brown one. The most reliable 22 rifle I have ever owned. I bought mine for 59 dollars brand new in 1968. Lost the white diamond inlay some place up in the moutains of Utah. BRGII

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Never take it apart, you will never get it back together.

4. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

bought brown one with my paper money, first of many guns my parents let me buy...........great gun still plink with it from time to time...

5. wm rike

wm rike Member

Shot410ga - Yeah, they are tricky. However, a friend once handed me a 66 stock, a barrel & receiver, and a mason jar full of parts (with one or two springs sticking out the top, as I remember). I got it back together with nothing left over - that's aways a good sign. The guy said it shot, though I never actually saw it in action. It can be done, but I would not want to have to do it again.

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I can do you one better wm rike. My box full of parts was missing one. I got a blow up schematic, I think from Numrich, figured out what the missing part was, ordered it, and put it back together. It stovepipes horizontally though, and I haven't had time to figure out why.

7. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

wireguy are you useing the cheap ammo [wildcat/thunderbolt]? that is what mine done Rem highspeed works fine they are no good for a scope because the metal receiver cover is not conected to the barrel rick

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

It's Remington bulk ammo. Gonna have to try some real quality ammo and see what happens. My other old well used '66 wears a scope and it is amazing how consistent it is. Maybe not enough recoil to move the cover around? wireguy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.