1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S - Remington Model 700 rifle stocks

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by AveragEd, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

One is a right-hand Bell & Carlson Medalist stock for a long-action Model 700 in flat synthetic tan with glossy black spider-webbing. These stocks have an aluminum bedding block, sling swivel studs, raised cheekpiece, level comb, Pachmyar Decelerator recoil pad and a barrel channel that free-floats the barrel. It fits a BDL model but will fit an ADL with an BDL conversion kit. For photos and more information, go to http://www.bellandcarlson.com/.

This stock was purchased last winter from MidwayUSA for $240 plus shipping and was used for test-firing purposes only; I will sell it for $175 plus shipping. It will arrive in its original box with all documentation including warranty registration card.

The other is a factory walnut Remington Model 700 ADL Monte Carlo right-hand long-action stock. It has a couple of very minor handling marks and would be perfect for cutting down to fit a beginning shooter, for whom the blind magazine might be better than a floorplate. How about $50 plus shipping or make an offer? Photos are available via email.

Please respond to (717) 512-0250 or via email (drop the "x").

Ed

2. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

I have a BDL in 7MM Rem Mag... Detach clip... Will the first one fit it?

Thanks,

LWL

3. AveragEd

Unfortunately, it won't. I thought it would but Bell & Carlson's website catalog indicates "hinged floorplate models only."

I don't understand the apparent lack of popularity of DBM versions of all bolt-action rifles. New guns with that feature are becoming harder to find all the time and stockmakers and such treat them as redheaded step-children. I once hunted with a friend at a very organized camp late in Pennsylvania's deer season in 1974 and still recall yearning for a DBM every time we had to unload our rifles to be hauled to our next standing spot or starting point if it was my team's turn to drive. My son has a Model 700 stainless synthetic DBM in 7mm STW that was made in the one year that Remington graced their receivers with a tasteful engraving pattern. That is a very nice rifle.

Ed

4. AveragEd

The walnut stock is sold pending funds. Thanks for the inquiries.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.