1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S? - Remington Custom Shop Model 700

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by AveragEd, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I haven't decided if I want to sell this rifle or not so I thought I'd put out some feelers. You see, there's this side-by-side ATV I supposedly just have to have for hunting, according to our son and his fiancee. If there is interest, I can take some better photos to post and/or email to prospective buyers. For now, I have the ones that the shop I bought it from sent to me. They are in the wrong format for posting here but can be emailed.

The rifle is a Model 700 M-KS, which has a barrel profile in between the production Mountain Rifle and BDL. It has a BDL floorplate, 24" barrel and a gray textured Kevlar stock. The metal is a smooth matte blue and the rifle is chambered in .223 Remington. The barrel markings are "Remington Custom Shop, Ilion, NY" along the top and ".223 REM" hand-stamped on the left side rear. Both sides have the usual proof marks just forward of the recoil lug. I haven't weighed it but it is very light and would be nice for carrying while varmint hunting.

Here's the story. The rifle was special-ordered in 2006 by a customer in the southwest who gave the ordering gun shop a deposit but never came forth with the balance owed and the rifle has been in the gun shop's possession since they received it in the spring of 2007. IT IS UNFIRED. During the period it was stored at the gun shop, the box was misplaced. I purchased it a few months back for the balance owed but really don't have much use for it other than as an investment piece.

Before I bought it, I contacted Keith at the Remington Custom Shop who verified the barrel marking is correct and that by serial number, it is a Custom Shop rifle. He told me the name of the firm they billed it to, which was the shop from which I purchased it, and that the dealer cost on the rifle at the time it was ordered (fall of 2006) was $1,700. Its suggested retail price was all but $2,300.

Anybody interested at several hundred under dealer cost?

Ed

2. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Headed your way, Rick.

Ed

3. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I haven't decided if I want to sell this rifle or not so I thought I'd put out some feelers. You see, there's this side-by-side ATV I supposedly just have to have for hunting, according to our son and his fiancee. If there is interest, I can take some better photos to post and/or email to prospective buyers. For now, I have the ones that the shop I bought it from sent to me. They are in the wrong format for posting here but can be emailed.

The rifle is a Model 700 M-KS, which has a barrel profile in between the production Mountain Rifle and BDL. It has a BDL floorplate, 24" barrel and a gray textured Kevlar stock. The metal is a smooth matte blue and the rifle is chambered in .223 Remington. The barrel markings are "Remington Custom Shop, Ilion, NY" along the top and ".223 REM" hand-stamped on the left side rear. Both sides have the usual proof marks just forward of the recoil lug. I haven't weighed it but it is very light and would be nice for carrying while varmint hunting.

Here's the story. The rifle was special-ordered in 2006 by a customer in the southwest who gave the ordering gun shop a deposit but never came forth with the balance owed and the rifle has been in the gun shop's possession since they received it in the spring of 2007. IT IS UNFIRED. During the period it was stored at the gun shop, the box was misplaced. I purchased it a few months back for the balance owed but really don't have much use for it other than as an investment piece.

Before I bought it, I contacted Keith at the Remington Custom Shop who verified the barrel marking is correct and that by serial number, it is a Custom Shop rifle. He told me the name of the firm they billed it to, which was the shop from which I purchased it, and that the dealer cost on the rifle at the time it was ordered (fall of 2006) was $1,700. Its suggested retail price was all but $2,300.

Anybody interested at several hundred under dealer cost?

Ed

4. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Headed your way, Rick.

Ed

5. letts

letts TS Member

0   0   0

Iam also interested please send pictures.

Letts

6. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

On their way, Letts.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ordering from remington custom shop

remington 1100 custom shop