1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Remington 870 Competion Trap

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by oldstuff, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldstuff

oldstuff Member

0   0   0

Offering for sale a Remington 870 Competion Trap. The gun is in very good condition. I does have what I would call normal handling marks for a trap gun with age (don't worry it not something you would be ashamed to shoot). The bluing shows as little wear in the slide areas of the gun. I bought the gun used and have shot a couple of hundred shells through it. It shot well for me and funtions without a flaw. The bore on the gun has no pits. When I got the gun I don't think it had been cleaned on the inside for a while and continues to need TLC (more cleaning). It has a 30" barrel with a fixed full choke. The stock is a straight stock with a Morgan Adjustable Pad. Id'm asking $600.00 for the gun plus $25.00 shipping to a licensed F.F.L. I will sell the gun to the first P.M. meeting the price. I will sell by the time on the P.M. I am on this site only once a day so bear with on responses.
    oldstuff_2008_130926.jpg

oldstuff_2008_130927.jpg

oldstuff_2008_130928.jpg

oldstuff_2008_130929.jpg

oldstuff_2008_130930.jpg

oldstuff_2008_130931.jpg

oldstuff_2008_130932.jpg

oldstuff_2008_130933.jpg

2. oldstuff

oldstuff Member

0   0   0

3. Shotgun5

Shotgun5 Member

0   0   0

A FAIR PRICE WOULD BE $500.00 PLUS $25.00 SHIPPING TO MY DEALOR.IF YOU TAKE THAT THAN SEND ME AN EMAIL AT SHOTGUN5@EPIX.NET

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I've got 1 NIB that I wouldn't sell for twice that much, from the pics I think he has it priced fairly. I also have shot another one for a year or two & they are sweeeeeeet. If I ever have to change from my 31TC I will break it out because I also have a release trigger assembly for it (just in case). At age 70 I'm still pulling but you never know. Ross Puls

5. twostraight

twostraight Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

$600 is a very good price for this gun

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Is this gun supposed to be one of the single-shot, reduced-recoil 870 Competitions made from 1981 to 1986? The asking price suggests it might be but it differs from any Competition I've ever seen in many ways.

Ed

7. oldstuff

oldstuff Member

0   0   0

ED: This is a reduced recoil 870 pump gun. I thought Remington only made them one time. I had a PM telling me they had not seen on with all the scroll work. Thanks for the question. Ron

8. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Ron, is this a single shot gun?

9. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If that's a single-shot 870 Competition, it's a rare bird. It's the only one I've ever seen with scroll engraving rolled onto the receiver and the word "Competition" on the lower left front of the receiver instead of the lower right rear. Also, its serial number is way out of the range of any of mine, which all start and end with a "V".

I haven't followed newer 870 versions closely - did they recently make another one they called a "Competition"?

Ed

10. alant

alant TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 94.1%
    17   1   0

This is the gas operated 870 Comp. Beleive me, Ron knows his guns.

Alan

11. trapshootin hippie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have seen the "Competition" and the scroll engraving on the on 870's before but the weren't the single shot version. Just wondering if this was a rare breed indeed. It is more than likely just a competition grade as is the 1100 competition.

GneJ

12. PINOYSHOOTER

PINOYSHOOTER Member

0   0   0

A separate photo of the barrel itself disassembled will be worth a thousand words.

13. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I had to go get mine out & open the box, it does not have that type of engraving or the word Competition in that location, you must have a special one. Ross Puls

Yes as Pinoy says a pic would sure help.

14. trapshootin hippie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If I were a betting man, my money would go on it not being a single shot. Course I could be wrong, but I have seen this engraving pattern on 870's before.

A picture would be worth a thousand words.

GneJ

15. PINOYSHOOTER

PINOYSHOOTER Member

0   0   0

There must be a piston rod attached to the barrel if it is a 870 competition single shot.

16. oldstuff

oldstuff Member

0   0   0

This is a picture of the barrel with the piston attached. This is a single shot gun. Like I said, I thought that Remington only made these one time. I don't think it is a rare gun. It looks just like an 870 except that is has the gas assit. Can take more picture and post if you like.
    oldstuff_2008_130934.jpg

17. Trapboy1957

Trapboy1957 Member

0   0   0

Nice gun! Jr

18. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Well "stuff," I humbly apologize for my skepticism - you apparently do have the real deal. And It's a crying shame the stock is altered and the wood isn't of the killer figure seen on a lot of 870 Comps for even the Standard Catalog of Remington doesn't mention any Comps with rollmarked receivers, an indicator that there are so few of them that the authors of the SCoR overlooked them.

There might be one other possible explanation. I'm strictly thinking off the top of my head while getting ready to leave for work, but if the magazine tube of a standard 870 was modified with the openings required for the Comp gas system to function, I think a Comp barrel and recoil system might just function on a non-Comp receiver. If indeed a later-model gun called a "Competition" did/does exist, maybe that's how this oddball came to be.

Color me curious...

Ed

19. oldstuff

oldstuff Member

0   0   0

20. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Where's the young fellow with $1K to burn. This is a great shooting trap gun and leaves lots of $ left for bullets.

TTT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remengton 870competion trap shotgun