1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Remington 870 All American Unfired

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by esetter, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esetter

esetter Active Member

I have for sale a Remington All American Trap with 30" barrels. Gun is 99% condition and is unfired. I bought the gun to shoot but can't bring myself to be the first one so I will let someone else have the honors. Gun is just the way it left the factory and has beautiful Monte Carlo Stock. Wood is actually darker than in the pictures. Price is $1200 plus shipping and price is firm. Contact me at esetter5@roadrunner.com with any questions you might have. Thanks, Gerry Addison

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Assuming you have the box and papers with it?

3. esetter

esetter Active Member

Sorry, I didn't get the box or papers with it.

4. esetter

esetter Active Member

5. concordefamily

concordefamily Member

"...(only 200 All-Americans made)... "

Actually, Remington only produced 1,000 All American. Still a pretty small number when you considor they have made close to 6,000,000 870s total.

6. jimx200

jimx200 Member

MIA, yes I know all about the All American 870's as I owned one for a few years in the 70's and still have some Remington ads for them. I got some AA patches from the Rem. rep, Pete Offert, when Rem came out with these. Those were the days were if your score won and were shooting either RXP's or the Peters blue shells, Rem. would give you a case (as in 20 boxes, not 10) for free. My collector guns all have the original box, papers, and with a few, I have saved the advertisements just for added interest. No question the 870's shoot well (hence the jimx200 from a great shoot I had in the mid 70's). I am currently trying to buy a factory boxed F grade, but a long shot...just paid my Calif. property taxes and not in a good mood. I missed a AA at the Reno gun show about 3 years ago...$900. complete. Same guy also had a Rem. BDL in 375 H&H, boxed and from the early 70's, which was sold before I saw it. I have never heard of another in this caliber. BTW, have you ever seen a 870 TX? Most people do not even know they exist.

7. jimx200

jimx200 Member

MIA, here is some nice info if you are not aware of this site
    http://www.remingtonsociety.com/rsa/journals/870

BTW, did I read where you are a Marine? My dad was a Marine in WW2 and talk about growing up with respect for rifles...lol. Never forget what he used to yell down to my brother and I to wake us up early..."drop your c***s and grab your socks". Yup, and learned what "Maggies drawers" were too...lol.

8. concordefamily

concordefamily Member

Jack, I would say that an "authoratative reference" would be the Blue Book (thanks Jeff). Another of "authoratative reference" is a long time friend and Remington rep (see Remington Reps comments above) that confirmed this to me about 17 years ago when I got my first All American.

9. Neil R

Neil R TS Member

Remington has re-introduced the 870 and 1100 All-American and they are engraved just like this one. It is in the current catalog.
    Neil

10. viperrt

viperrt Member

Have mine safely tucked away in a safe. Has some of the most gorgeous wood I have ever seen on a shotgun (and as my fellow San Diego shooters will attest I have some awesome wood on my trap guns). Bill

PS I bought mine back in the early 80's for $650.

11. Neil R

Neil R TS Member

Palletjack,
    OK, they are on the Remington web site. I found it under the tab shotguns and 870, then Wingmaster 870 Clsssics. I had seen pictures of them and the engraving and gold shield looks just like the original ones. They also have a $50. rebate on them
    Neil

12. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

There was a beauty of an All American 870 that sold here a year or so back. It had originally been given to Rudy Etchen by Remington. NIB with all paperwork. Would have like to have bought it, but it was snapped up pretty quick. cls

13. Neil R

Neil R TS Member

Sloppy typing, I meant say Classic.
    Neil

14. jtf650

jtf650 Member

If it works, this should be a photo of a current 870 Classic Trap that is for sale on Gunbroker.com item # 68870613. I don't think it should be confused with the original 870 All American. James Fawcett

15. Neil R

Neil R TS Member

Thanks jtf650
    I see the difference in the engraving............
    Neil

16. jimx200

jimx200 Member

A friend has a TX trap stamped on receiver, however, I don't remember seeing the Tournament word. His has a factroy gold plated trigger, end cap, and both of the receiver pins are gold plated. He swears gun is completely factory setup. I do not see a "Tournament" designated 870 at the Remingtonsociety link posted.
    I'll see if I can get a pic of the F grade, it's quite impressive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

wingmaster 870 all american