1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Remington 592 5mm rifle $375 Sold PF

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Dbl Auto, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

0   0   0

I have for sale a Remington 592 5mm bolt action rifle. The price is $375 shipped and insured from my FFL to yours. The condition is very good. The metal is 95% with one mark on the barrel and some greying of the edges of the trigger guard. The wood is very nice. It has a couple tiny handling marks. The gloss finish has a area on both sides of the forend where it apears the gun sat in a rack and lost some of it shine in this area. It has the original buttplate. It has swivel studs which I feel are after market, but nice and functional. First "I'll take it" here on the board gets it.
    Doug Allison
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I'll take it!

See PM for details

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Neat guns. I just bought its brother, the 580, which is a single shot .22LR on the same action (which incidentally is the same action as the 540 and 541 target rifle, and is a very close cousin to the rem 788). Trigger is horrendous (9lbish), but I'm in the process of rectifying that. Best 5 shot @ 50 yds is 3/8" so far, and I'm sure it will only get better when I fix the trigger.

4. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

0   0   0

These were great little rifles. I had a couple of these years back, one was a tube feeder like Doug's here, the other was a clip. I have taken red fox with them and a few coyotes at ranges well past 150-yrds. This goes back to the late 1970's, when fur prices were pretty good, and this little 5-MM Rem was just the ticket for popin' fur to be sold at the "rat-wagon" every Monday night during the winter months.

Nice looking gun Doug. Thank you for posting, it brings back some good memories.

Matt Nicol

5. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

0   0   0

SPF to wolfram.
    Doug Allison

6. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

0   0   0

Matt, Dad also had one back in the early 70's. He sold it and we know where it is now, but the guy won't sell. I have been collecting 5mm stuff for the last 12 years or so. I have some old ammo and have a box of the Peter's 5mm loads. They are super rare from what I have seen. With the sale of this one, I am down to two 591's and one 592. My shooter 591 has what I feel is a nice trigger and is very accurate. I can't understand why this rifle/ammo didn't take off. It is very similar to the 17HMR which has been a huge success.
    Doug Allison
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

0   0   0

Does anyone know if these were the factory sling studs?
    Doug Allison

[​IMG]

8. ring3

ring3 Member

0   0   0

Sorry I missed this one. Put me in line should the deal fall through. From my limited research of the 2 models it seems Remington dropped them in part because of safety and maintenance issues. Shortly after their intro Remington recalled them to modify the ejector. It is my opinion they also added the plate with four screws to the left side of the receiver. I know of 2 without the plate and read a letter from Remington dated 1970 requesting a rifles return for modification. I have also read about some production ammo that was too hot for them and was recalled. Also, new production ammo produces much less pressure than any of the original. Taurus was toying with the idea of chambering for the 5mm around 2010. Not sure were the are at with it now. Can't say for sure about the sling swivels, my guess would be non-factory.

Rob

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

As impractical as the rifle may be, I always wanted to try one out. The fact that you can get current production ammo swayed me quite a bit, I don't think I would even considered it if it weren't for the Aguila ammo. From what I have read, there is a new found intrest in the round and it is resulting in a lot of custom Contender & Encore barrels being made in that caliber.

Should be a killer Jack rabbit set up - we will find out shortly!

10. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

0   0   0

Rob, you got me thinkng about the letter, so I dug out the one that Dad got back in 1970. You are spot on with the issue being the ejector for the recall. In my experience, the ejectors can get sticky and it is important to keep them clean and not to over oil. Dad's envelope from Remington also had the factory owner's manual so I will include it as well if anybody needs the info.
    Doug Allison
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

0   0   0

Doug, I would be interested in one of the clip feds should you ever decide to sale.

Martin

12. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

0   0   0

It is easy to tell if the rifle was sent back to the factory for repair or modification as the letter above states. There will be another set of two date code letters followed by a number"3" stamped ahead of the date of manufacture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
5mm remington rifle for sale
remington 592
remington 592 5mm f

remington 592 5mm for sale

remington 5mm rifle
remington 5mm rifle for sale
remington model592 5mm for sale
sling swivel studs for remington592 5mm magnum