1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S: Remington .410 New Primed Hulls (never fired)

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by skeet_man, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

<center>
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Skeet_Man/?action=view&current=003.jpg" target="_blank"> 003.jpg </a><br /><br />
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Skeet_Man/?action=view&current=002.jpg" target="_blank"> 002.jpg </a><br /><br />
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Skeet_Man/?action=view&current=001.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a><br /><br />
    </center>

For Sale: 830 Remington .410 New Primed hulls. These hulls have never been loaded, and have the factory primers intact. These were made back when you could get new primed hulls from the factory. I have 8 boxes of 100, and 30 loose. I loaded a couple, and they load just like STS on my PW. I just have way more .410 hulls than I need at this point, so I thought i'd put them up in case someone can use them rather than sticking them in a corner to collect dust.

I would like to sell the entire lot as one package at this point (will consider breaking up into smaller lots if I don't receive any interest as a group in the next couple days).

Price is $100 for all 830 plus actual shipping to you, including the 8 outer cartons, which may have some value by themselves. Primed hulls are exempt from haz-mat, so these should be able to ship for 10-15 bucks rough guess.

2. deadpair51

deadpair51 Member

0   0   0

I will take them.

3. deadpair51

deadpair51 Member

0   0   0

PM sent to kolarskeet.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Sold to deadpair. I don't THINK this was a ts.com record for me, but if it isn't, its pretty dang close LOL.

5. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

0   0   0

Hey guys,

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that I think these hulls take the undersized (by today's 209 standard) primer, I believe it was the Rem 97 size. I recently came into some of these and ended up running a 6mm drill through the primer hole to accept the 209 size. They fired fine and yes, I know, kind of unorthodox but I did it and it's working. Velocity is about 1210 with 13.0 grains of 2400, Fiocchi 616, Win AA wad, and 1/2 ounce of 9's.

When you try to reload these after the first firing and the 209 primer won't seat, then this is why. The ones I have are pretty old and believe the same as in these boxes. Let me know what happens.

This is my experience....

Larry

6. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

0   0   0

I bet they are the 57 primer all copper color you cant drill them out

7. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

0   0   0

Ricks,

To clarify, I didn't drill the primer itself out, I resized the cases which removed the original primer, then drilled the hole with the 6mm drill (drill size "D") then reloaded them with the regular cycle on my grabber.

Sorry if I confused the issue.

Larry

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

If they are 157 size you don't need to drill them. Just skoosh em in.

A grabber won't work because of the spring compressing but a 600 Jr. does fine.

For the record, CCI had some all copper colored 209 size primers.

Stick a 243 round (bullet end) in the hole after depriming. If it goes in up to the brass it's 209 size. If it stops before the brass it's 157 size.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.