1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Remington 3200 1 of 50

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by RGLeonik, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RGLeonik

RGLeonik TS Member

0   0   0

Limited Edition Remington Model 3200, Premier Grade, Golden Trap, One of 50, with Beart gold inlays and
    engraving. 12ga, 30" bbls, Briley screw-in chokes, full set of Briley sub-gauge tubes with chokes, extra-
    fancy select wood, Americase, Remington documentation for "one of a Limited Edition of 50 specially
    engraved Model 3200 O/U trap guns. $7500. Please direct inquiries to Bob at leonikr@mac.com

2. Jamnss

Jamnss TS Member

0   0   0

This is a real nice gun...See picts
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Jamnss

Jamnss TS Member

0   0   0

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

0   0   0

Bob,

I was unaware that the factory ever offered a 1 of 50 series Premier. Does the serial number reflect this one of 50 status as do the 1/500 and 1/1000 models? Also, the chokes must have been a modification as I'v never heard of a factory 3200 with removable chokes.

Your gun is definately handsome. Please tell us more on its history and origin.

Thanks,

Guy

5. adler3200

adler3200 TS Member

0   0   0

tell us more, FIRST I HEARD OF ONE OF THESE

6. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

Very nice piece of equipment. I also, would like more information on the history of this piece. The Premiers, that I know of, have their own serial number range, and the checking is different from what is shown. The checkering pattern in the picture was more commonly associated with the "Competition" model. What was the time frame on the manufacture of the 1 of 50?

Since you have the Remington documentation, it would be nice if you would share it with those of us interested in the history, models, types, etc., of the 3200.

Thank you.

Bob

7. RGLeonik

RGLeonik TS Member

0   0   0

Hi Guy,

The serial number does not reflect the 1 of 50 status as they selected 50 from the Premier Line to receive this upgrade(engraving and gold trigger for example) and that's what the Remington Certificate reads--believe the engraving was done in Belgium. This model was produced in 1974. The forearm iron has the "beefed up" metal, as well as the reinforcement insert around the firing pin holes--I had Laibs complete the forarm iron, but it came with the firing pin hole modification. The Briley Ultra-Lite tube set and chokes were not from the factory. I also upgraded the wood and put a "satin oil finish" for durability and because the wood that came with it was light in color (the emphsis was on the engraving and inlays rather than the wood back in 1974). This is a looker as well as a solid shooter. Did I miss anything?

Bob

8. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks Bob.

My awareness, up until this point was limited to 116 or so Premiers specially engraved and gold inlayed in Belgium that were a part of the 1/500 Premier series produced for the military exchange system back in 74. I've had the pleasure of seeing just two of these, and several of the non-Belgium engraved Premiers.

I do know the factory would put together special orders for customers in the day that accommodated various choke combinations that varied from the normal production guns. It appears they also had limited runs of guns that were unique in other ways too.

Just because I love these guns so much, I'd really like to learn what spawned the production of the 50. What was the demand, the occasion, or audience they were commissioned for? Were all 50 identical? I have some more research to do it appears. Would you be willing to Email a scanned .pdf copy of the Remington documentation you have?

Guy

9. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Remington still builds what they call "special run" guns. As I understand it, the minimum order is either 100 or 150 pieces and as long as you mix and match current production parts, there is no extra cost. I have a couple of them and always check out the link to "special runs" on Remington's website.

A few years ago, I found that a Wisconsin distributor had commissioned Remington to build some Model 700s in stainless steel with 26" barrels in 300 Remington Ultra Mag. Nothing out of the ordinary so far, but he then specified that they have brown laminated stocks - all Remington stainless guns with laminated stocks have black/gray stocks. Further, he specified thumbhole stocks, another diviation from normal. Finally, since the guns were going to be sold by a Canadian dealer, they were manufactured without the J-Lock in the bolt or the "read the owner's manual" message on the barrel that was standard on all Model 700s intended for sale in the U.S. at that time. The selling dealer called them "The Mighty Elk Thumper" and sold them all in less than a year. I bought mine from a dealer in New York who imported three of them back into the U.S. and sold two while keeping one for himself.

Ed

10. THALL

THALL Member

0   0   0

Good looking grass....up for the transplanted yankee...

11. 3on8

3on8 Member

0   0   0

Were you the orginal owner? I have never seen a factory engraving job like yours from Remington. Too bad the gun is not all original.
    He is a picture of a Belgium engraved 3200.

3on8_2009_2012.jpg

12. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

Actually if you compare the engraving on the top and bottom of the receiver they are quite alike in execution on both the 1 of 50 pictured and the Belgium engraving. The sides of the receiver are different. This makes me wonder if the 1 of 50 could have been a special run that was done in Belgium with less extensive coverage of the engraving. Could also have been that someone copied parts of the lot that were engraved in Belgium.

Interesting gun to say the least.
    oldremfan_2009_040914.jpg

Please notice the scroll engraving in the lower part of the photo.

Bob

13. 3on8

3on8 Member

0   0   0

I do not believe that the 3200 for sale was a Belgium engraved gun. They went to Belgium to master or better skilled then Remington engravers. The one for sale does not have the birds centered correctly on the sides of the receiver. A master or someone hight skilled would never make that mistake.

14. RGLeonik

RGLeonik TS Member

0   0   0

To 3on8,

This could also have been the instructions Remington gave to the engravers. The certificate is signed by Gunther Droge, Managing Director, Remington Arms GmbH (Europe) so the location could also be Germany.

B/R
    Bob

15. THALL

THALL Member

0   0   0

The correct address to contact is leonikr@mac.com. He must have been getting nervous in advance for his fine shooting at the Georgia State shoot. Tim Hall

16. adler3200

adler3200 TS Member

0   0   0

anyone know what the serial numbers are on 3200 premier belgium engraved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 1 of 50 3200

remington 3200 trap limited edition 1 of 500

remington 3200- i of 100 or 1 of 50