1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Remington 31T Long Range

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by esetter, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esetter

esetter Active Member

Selling several trap guns for a friend that is ill. I have here a very rare Remington Model 31T Long Range built in 1932, serial number 83XX. Gun has an all original 30 inch factory vent rib barrel stamped Long Range on left side of the barrel. Bore of the barrel measures .745 and the choke measures .705 for a .040 restriction. Butt stock on the gun is not the original (no border on checkering). Gun originally had small trigger group and owner had a large trigger group added with a Timney release so he could shoot the gun. Both triggers come with the gun and both will still work in the gun. Length of pull with the large trigger is 14 3/8, with the small trigger 14 7/8. Stock has an Angle Ease recoil system added with 1/4 Alum spacer and 1/4 inch pad adjuster. Price of the gun is $3300 plus shipping. This gun vaporizes targets and you won't see another on on the line like it. Contact me for additional pictures or questions at esetter5@roadrunner.com, Gerry Addison.

<a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/?action=view¤t=Jims31014.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/?action=view¤t=Jims31003.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/?action=view¤t=Jims31007.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/?action=view¤t=Jims31012.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thats the second long range I have ever seen. Very nice, very rare

3. buttermilk

buttermilk TS Member

bump for a good cause

4. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

I owned a plain barrel "long range" all original, sold for $400 & was darn glad to get it.

5. cubancigar2000

There is a major difference in value on a 31 barrel with a rib

6. esetter

esetter Active Member

Gun is sold pending final inspection. Thanks, for all the interest.

7. cubancigar2000

what do you think now boys.

8. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I think it is great that it sold. Also think it's great that someone filled a hole in their collection. Because if they paid that much it was collectable and an investment.I seriously doubt it is going to the line week in and week out. jmho Bill

9. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

A fool and his money O,well

10. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I live in a neighborhood where the homes typically are worth $275,000 to $400,000. An elderly neighbor passed away last spring and his five children are selling his home. It is a five-bedroom, three-bath rancher on a lot that has a wide creek (a river in some parts of the country) behind it. One daughter is a real estate agent and is the one who is handling the disposal of the home. Being in the business, she should certainly know what homes in this area are worth but she is asking $600,000 for this one. Her reasoning is that of the millions of residential lots in the United States, only 25,000 are waterfront properties.

Hmm...even though there is very little chance of flood waters reaching the home, how much is access to a creek that only averages 18" in depth worth? You can't boat in it and I can tell you from experience that the fishing isn't real good. But I guess if someone wants to live along the creek badly enough, they'll pay a premium to do so.

Everyone on the street, including the neighbors on each side who also have creek-front lots, thinks she's nuts. But anything she gets for it over $400,000 will boost our property values so we say, "You go, girl!"

Ed

11. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I'll bet that if someone emailed this guy, the gun is for sale. This wouldn't be the first time that a gun has been listed as "sold" and was really being pulled because of harrasing posts.

ec90t

12. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Dear Averaged, I have been there & done that. The taxes on your house will go up, if she gets a high price. At least in Maryland, that is what happens.
    Joe Jordan

13. rebelace

rebelace TS Member

hey if it didnt sell ill give ya 1200.00

14. esetter

esetter Active Member

Gentlemen, the gun sold today and my email is esetter5@roadrunner.com. Write me and offer any amount you want, the gun is gone. It went to a collector that said he had been looking for a 31 long range with a vent rib for years and had never seen one. This is the only one I have seen so you put whatever price you want on yours when you find one. I invite all you big talkers to send me the pictures of your original 31 long range so we can all compare them. I'll bet none of the ones doing the negative talking have one with a vent rib. My ill friend is happy that it went to a very nice man for his collection and the collector is happy with his purchase. Who is the fool here?? Once again sour grapes from some people. I just can't understand why some of you worry about what someone asks for a gun or pays for a gun. Who cares if it makes both parties happy? Gerry Addison

15. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I do believe that esetter is right. The gun IS worth $3300.00. That is what someone was willing to pay for it. Now,either the buyer is a fool or he knows what he wants & what it is worth. TO HIM!!! Maybe not to you or to the market in general. TO HIM!!! As for the idea that esetter said sold & it was not,keep in mind that the critics came to the fore AFTER it was stated "Sold." Tom Lobonc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.