1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S REMINGTON 1187

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by emm2, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emm2

emm2 Member

I have a Remington 1187 for sale. It is an older Du Pont gun. 28 inch barrel. The gun is like brand new with less than 100 rounds fired through it. I do have the original box. $450 plus $35 shipping to your ffl. If you are interested let me know and I will send you pics. Thanks Shane

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Not a bad deal ... not a bad deal at all for anyone who has some interest in it.

I do have one question though ... DuPont gun? Am I missing something ... I dont understand the reference to DuPont gun.

3. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I don't know the dates, but DuPont used to own remington. They are now owned by Cerebus group and someone else before that.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

do you have any photos?...is this a light contour barrel?

5. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

DuPont owned Remington until the late 1980s, then Conoco, briefly, then a holding company whose name I can't recall, until Cerberus (the three headed dog that guards the gates of hell) took over. Cerberus installed former Bushmaster people in charge of operations and the game plan is to make gov't contract weapons including M-16 based platforms.

Expect the catalog to become thin in the next few years. I expect the sporting line will be reduced to the 1100, 870, 700 and maybe a couple of the better rimfires.

6. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

I BELIEVE THE MANAGEMENT AT CERBERUS HAS A DEEP DESIRE TO RESTORE AMERICAN COMPANYS TO PROMINANCE. IF THERE IS MONEY TO BE MADE FROM GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS
    BY SELLING THEM GUNS MADE IN US FACTORYS BY US WORKERS....SO BE IT. IF THE COMPANY REMAINS PROFITABLE THERE IS NO REASON TO ASSUME THEY WILL TURN THERE BACKS ON THE TRADITIONAL CORE BUSINESS THAT MADE THE COMPANY A HOUSEHOLD WORD.

7. emm2

emm2 Member

This gun was made in 1996 which is when Du Pont still owned them. It is a light contour barrel. If you want pics just e-mail me. Thanks Shane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.