1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S: Rem. 1100, 20 ga. Skeet---$450.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by map@neo, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. map@neo

map@neo Member

For sale is a "creampuff" Remington 1100 Skeetgun. It is a 20 ga. with 2-3/4" chamber. This is an older model, but having the light weight frame. It carries
    a 26" VR barrel marked "SKEET". The gun is a conservative 98% original cosmetic condition and 100% mechanical. No dings, no dents and no cracks! There are a couple of very light scratches on the trigger guard. I believe this particular vintage was made in the early 80s. Great little bird gun for $450. plus $20. shipping to your FFL. Thanks.

MAP

2. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

MAP, is this a "lightweight" or an LT-20? If it's an LT-20, I might be interested!

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The "LW" was made for several years, has the oddball barrel tang and model specific parts are virtually non existant for it.

The "LT-20" is actually on a 28 ga frame, and is still in production.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Both the LW-20 and the LT-20 are on the 28ga frame, actually.

Visually the LW-20 top and bottom of the ejection port are parallel. On the LT-20, the top rear of the ejection port swoops up.

The reason for this is that the LW-20 has a short barrel extension (tang), while the LT-20 has a long extension which requires more ejection port clearance.

LW-20 barrels are getting scarce. However, it is possible to have LT-20 barrel extensions shortened to fit the LW-20. Gander Mountain will do this for $75.
    http://www.gandermountain.com/gunsmithing/shotgun.asp

5. map@neo

map@neo Member

After some minor reseach on this shotgun, the barrel is stamped "V" and an "EY" with a #7. It is not marked "LW" or "LT" on the receiver's left side. The serial # is: M036052X and the gun weighs 7#-10oz. Hope this will help.

***For "bridgetoofar", I'm in Vermont.

Thankyou again,

MAP

6. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

MAP - can you post some pics? Especially of the right side of the receiver and maybe one showing the barrel off the gun? I can tell with a good, clear photo.

If the barrel has the short (870 length) extension then, it's an LW. If it has the long extension, like 12 ga 1100s do - then it's the LT.

Serial prefix "K" can be either LT-20 or LW-20. If I recall correctly, I believe the "X" prefix was for the LW - I could be wrong though. I don't have the 20 ga info burned into my memory like I do with 12 ga versions.

Thanks

7. map@neo

map@neo Member

I do know it has the long barrel extension (like a typical 1100). The prefix on the serial # is a "M" and the suffix is a "X". There is nothing written (stamped) on the left side of the receiver stating "LT" or "LW". Maybe some transition version? I don't know anymore. Thanks for the input.

MAP

8. map@neo

map@neo Member

up again, please

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

You have mail. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 1100 20 guage shotgun for sale anywhere in oregon

remington 1100 skeet 20 ga for sale