1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Ponsness Warren Shell Counter F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by skeeljc, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

<a href="http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh162/skeeljc/?action=view&current=CounterOA0022.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh162/skeeljc/?action=view&current=CounterClose0007.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Ponsness/Warren shell counter complete with mounting bracket and screws. It will fit Platinum 2000, L/S-1000, 950, 900, and 800 series loaders. Counter has BIG, easy-to-read numbers. Counter is brand new.

$24.95 and FREE shipping (compare to P/W price of $29.95 plus $7.75 shipping).
    Discount available on multiple orders.

Email or Private Message if interested.

Jim Skeel

2. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

<a href="http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh162/skeeljc/?action=view┬Ąt=Thumbscrews-1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

I have the thumbscrews that secure the reservoir base to the loader if you need them. $5.00 per set of four thumbscrews if purchased with a counter.

Jim Skeel

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have one. The arm that rotates the powder and lead gear pushes a rod on the counter and yes it is resettable

4. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

The counter has an arm on the right side (visible in second photo) that is actuated by the rack that turns the powder and shot gears on the loader. There is a knob on the left side of the counter that can be turned to reset the counter to zero.

I accept personal checks and money orders for payment.

If you would like one just email me and I will send you my mailing address.

Jim Skeel

5. cubancigar2000

0   0   0

Not sure why people are not buying this? I love mine. If you have a PW it is a great tool

6. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jim,

Just wanted to say thanks for the shell counter for my P/W 880CVT. It came in sooner that I thought it would and it is something I had thought about adding to my machine for some time. Good customer service on your part.

Mike Hessong* (MH*)
    Victoria Texas

7. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

0   0   0

Hopefully they are better than the P-W counters. I have purchased 2 of them and they will not work properly. They will skip back to the last 10'S ie.- 28, 29,20 then start over into the 20's rather than going to 30 etc. both have done the same thing and adjusting doesn't seem to help. Glenn

8. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I have not had any complaints about my counter. I cycle each counter a dozen times or so to be sure it is functioning properly.

Jim Skeel

9. cubancigar2000

0   0   0

I hav e a PW counter and it is up to 73,500 with no hitchs. I reset it to zero at 31,000 so it is approaching 100,000 and no trouble

10. TjayE

TjayE Member

0   0   0

The P/W reloaders sure are sturdy looking reloaders. Is the reloader you show above a Model 900 ? Tom

11. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

The reloader in the photos is my P/W 900 Elite. I bought it to reload Federal paper hulls. I recently added .410 tooling. It is a great .410 loader.

Jim

12. philk

philk Member

0   0   0

glenn mcleod, I believe this is the same as the PW counter. Identical to mine that came from PW, works great.

13. philk

philk Member

0   0   0

ps, Would like it better if it didn`t say made in china on the front.

14. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

As a soon to be PW user, what purpose does a shell counter serve? To indicate PM timing? Don't you just fill a bucket with loaded shells and then box them in 25s?

15. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

PM timing??

The counter is a good way to make sure that you do not run out of powder or shot. Sometimes it is difficult to see thru the EZ-Fill hoppers to know when to add powder/shot. You can load the hoppers and not worry about levels until you approach 400 shells (350 if you are loading 1-1/8 ounce).

Jim Skeel

16. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Jim. I am a Industrial guy. PM is preventative maintenance

YOu mean I cannot see thru the stand up bottles? It has blind containers? No. I do not believe that.

[​IMG]

So, I certainly am not trying to diminish the value of your product, but tell me again the advantages of having a counter. Would you?

17. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Ok. NOw I read your last post more carefully. I'll load them up tomorrow and take a picture and post it here on this post.

Yes they do appear translucent. Adn bboth powder and shot tend to migrate into the pores of some plastics. Perhaps they use this type of plastic because it is stronger. I'll report back. Thanks fo roffering the counter and for staying on messsage.

Jack

18. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Jack,

Some just like to see the progress. My finished shells drop through a hole in the bench and dissapear into a drawer.

Jim

19. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I think I took a pic. Let me look... do not go away...

[​IMG]

The oil in the powders will darken the tanks over time as well as the graphite on th eshot.

20. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I usually have these in stock year round.

Jim Skeel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ponsness warren shell counter