1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Perazzi TM1 4 way adjustable stock OEM New !

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by TJS, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TJS

TJS Member

0   0   0

For Sale Perazzi TM1 stock OEM , 4 way adjustable never been shot ..$550.00 shipped to your FFL 48 states ph..269-692-2897 days 8 to 5 nights ph 269-673-3824 ask for Rick ....s-supply@sbcglobal.net
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hebbard

hebbard TS Member

0   0   0

I bought this stock from Tim/Rick, for $450 after a PM exchange.

The stock arrived last week with "rack rash" dings on all four sides - several REALLY significant dents in the toe area, smaller but deep dings on each side, and a good-sized scrape on the left side. If you look at the photos carefully, you can see the scrape, tho I overlooked it. I foolishly believed the "OEM New!" description. Silly me.

Worst of all, the NON-OEM adjustable comb, which Rick now tells me he had installed a few weeks ago, was split out around the setscrew. Yeah, I know; it's not split on the listing photo. Silly me, again.

Rick, the real seller, suggested when I called that the piece must have been damaged in transit. I reported that the box appeared undamaged, and the stock inside was wrapped in bubble-wrap. I sent it back to him, inside a much larger box of foam peanuts, so he could see it for himself.

Today Rick called to report that the original box did not "seem to him" to be damaged. Further, he insisted that the stock was not broken when he sent it, and that several people saw him wrap it up. He said that he spoke to the fellow who installed the comb, and that that fellow advised him that the damage could only occur if the comb was "hit" by something, or if "someone" tried to disassemble the comb by removing the setscrew backed it out too far, splitting the wood. Since the stock was "not damaged" when he sent it, Rick said that the "someone" must be me. Charming.

For the record, I opened the stock in my office at work, in front of my co-workers. I did not TOUCH it with ANYTHING but my very disappointed fingers. No one else touched it AT ALL. I don't have guns OR tools at my office. And I would be happy to furnish sworn affidavits from the folks who saw the stock unwrapped, examined and re-wrapped, if that would help anyone sort out the facts of this case and help me recover my loss.

When I asked Rick how a "new" stock would have rack-rash all over it, Rick did not reply, but suggested he would give me $50 "if it would make me feel better." He further advised that he had "talked to his lawyer" and had been advised that he had no further liability. I, the customer, needed to "man up and come clean" about damaging the stock myself.

I'M MANNING UP COMING CLEAN, ALL RIGHT. I DID NOT DAMAGE THIS STOCK, NOR CARRY IT HOME, NOR TOUCH IT WITH ANYTHING EXCEPT MY VERY CAREFUL FINGERS. NO ONE ELSE TOUCHED IT EITHER. THE STOCK NEVER MOVED FROM MY OFFICE DESK WHERE IT WAS LAID WHEN IT ARRIVED UNTIL I REPACKED IT. THE STOCK WAS USED, NOT NEW, WHEN I GOT IT AND THE STOCK WAS ALREADY DINGED, AND SCRATCHED AND SPLIT WHEN I OPENED THE BOX.

NOW I DO CONFESS TO BEING A COMPLETE SUCKER. I BELIEVED THE SELLER'S DESCRIPTION, AND I BELIEVED IN THE INTEGRITY OF THE SELLER.

Now I recognize that it's buyer beware out here, and that even an honest seller can't prevent damage in transit. I also realize that I was foolish not to ask for the stock to be insured for its full value, so that I could file a claim with FedEx if I believed the damage occurred in transit.

But I don't. I believe the stock was clearly USED, not NEW, when it was sent. I believe that it was dinged and scraped in use and handling before it was sold, not in transit. Further, I believe the stock was misrepresented, and had been modified from OEM by the addition of the adjustable comb. (I don't know if OEM adjustable combs even exist for the TM1, but I DO KNOW that this post lead me to believe that this stock was original, new, unused and undamaged.)

Finally, of course, I don't know whether the comb was damaged by the adjusting screw before it was shipped to me. But I KNOW it was split when it got here.

So this transaction really sucks. I have lost my money on a worthless broken stock, and I have lost all respect for this seller.

Hebbard

3. hebbard

hebbard TS Member

0   0   0

Rick told me today that he would send the stock back to me.

Hebbard

4. Eric Mirosavich

Eric Mirosavich Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Take a road trip and make it right.

Richard Schanz (269) 673-3824 3181 102nd Ave, Allegan, MI 49010

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

O/T, but this address got my attention.

I got conned $5,000 by a dirt bag name Miles from 105th Ave., Allegan, MI 49010 last year. The case is still open in DA's office.

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Is the crack in the comb just below the back set screw? I think I can see something in the top pic just to the right of 6 o'clock

BTW, be sure to save a copy of this page, and the pics, to your hard drive, before the original poster deletes everything and your left holding the back with no evidence...

7. TJS

TJS Member

0   0   0

I thought long on how to reply to this thread about the damaged stock and decided to just say " seller beware " and let everyone see the photos of how the stock was returned to me and how it was when it was shipped to him !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

This is an unfortunate situation for both the buyer and the seller, as we now have a "he said, she said" situation. The buyer has a stock he says was sent broken, and the seller says that's not so. I have been involved in just such a transaction, so I understand both sides. In a deal like this, there is only one real solution to salvage this transaction: Send the comb to Keith Heeg and have him repair it. It looks to be repairable to the extent that it would not even be noticeable. Then, the buyer and the seller just split the cost of the repair. Yes, the buyer is going to have to pay a little more, and the seller is going to have to pay a little more, but, in the end, the buyer has the stock he wanted and the seller has retained his integrity by offering to do so. Maybe not the "Ideal" solution, but a reasonable one for both parties. Anything else will just result in a tug of war neither party can win..... Just my experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

9. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Well this thread is not going to the bottom for a while............ l.g.

10. TJS

TJS Member

0   0   0

in responce to Trap2 and his thread.

as the seller i regret i didnt think of this first. it does seem to be a fair solution to the problem and am willing to do so.

i would also say that i did lose much sleep over this and am very concerned about my reputation, it is refreshing to know that there are people that understand situations and can offer solutions without judgement...thank you

11. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

I'm just curious about a technical question:

Why "Backing out the set screw" will split the wood? How could the hole be too small for the screw to back out?

12. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

The whole part that troubles me about this whole ordeal is it was misrepresented in the first place.

The seller stated OEM "New".

Buyer received and upon inspection was said to have damage that would be consistant with "rack-rash" as he put it.

Seller acknowledged said damage by offering to give buyer $50 just to go away. This is where the problem started.

Now there is further damage to the stock than was present in the original pictures posted in the for sale post. It's too late to file for shipping damage because of it being reshipped.

Nobody is going to come away happy with this transaction. I only hope they, the buyer and seller, can work something out.

ss

13. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

0   0   0

Rick and Tim are both class act kind of guys and I doubt that they would try to "scam" someone. I for one have dealt with Rick and Tim on a number of occasions and will continue to deal with them.

I'm sure this issue can be resolved between both parties.

Regards,
    Matt Krizinski

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

If the stock was recieved damaged there should be no adjustments in order, give the man back his money and take the stock back ... I wouldn't pay that kind of money for something thats all marked up and cracked ... The original seller should get it fixed and sell it for what it really is ... I have burned better looking wood than that ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. 7771

7771 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Is this stock 4 sale again ?.

16. 7771

7771 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Is this stock 4 sale again ?.

17. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Steve W

"Why "Backing out the set screw" will split the wood? How could the hole be too small for the screw to back out?"

While I am not siding with anyone either I have a couple of questions also.

In the first picture in this thread this is shown.

[​IMG]

I did a little checking and when I cropped and enlarged a little I found this.

[​IMG]

Now rick posts this photo.

[​IMG]

It would appear that the damage how ever it was caused would have to have appeared between the pictures. Which in my opinion opens up a whole new set of questions about the pictures TJS posted.

Just what I am seeing

Bob Lawless

18. hebbard

hebbard TS Member

0   0   0

Bob,

I sent the stock back to Rick when I opened it and saw all the damage. The stock INSIDE ITS ORIGINAL PACKAGING was enclosed in a much larger box of foam peanuts, so that Rick could see that the original box appeared to be intact.

Hebbard

19. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

0   0   0

hebbard so who took the pictures that you posted????

I ask because in the picture that you posted the damage doesn't seem to show up. Thats the reason I asked. One set of photo shows no damage the other show damage????????????????

Bob Lawless

20. hebbard

hebbard TS Member

0   0   0

SS,

Thanks for your support. You - and the others - have hit at the nubs of this issue, one of which is that the stock I received was not "OEM New", but instead seems to have been beat up in use and significantly altered from OEM. The advertized description was - at the very least - optimistic.

The other issue is, of course, that the seller accused ME of breaking the comb, and suggested that I needed to "come clean" about the matter. That kind of got my goat, if you know what I mean.

Before that crack, I might have been able to swallow hard and accept the explanation that an otherwise fine stock was damaged in transit by some fluke accident which broke the comb and left the box unmarked. Afterwards, and given all the other issues with this stock, I have to admit that I wasn't listening all that well.

Nevertheless, I do appreciate the attempts by the group at mediation. I will carefully consider any settlement offer the sellers decide to make. They have my address and my phone number.

Regards,

Hebbard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.