1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Perazzi MX trigger

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GunDr, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Jack dropped me an email asking me to post a cost on the titanium nitriding (TiN coating)(gold), trigger assy's.

The bigger the "lot" I can send to the TiN coater, the less it is per part. They have a minimum service charge. That's why just doing a trigger only is $65. For each additional part I can add, the price can come down $10 per part.

With regards to a trigger housing and guard, yes, the charge is a little more. Besides just the disassembly and polishing, I also need to strip all of the bluing from the part. Seeing that bluing (black oxiding) is a controled rusting process, the TiN coating will not penetrate through it properly. Also, the TiN coater charges the parts on surface area also.

So with a little more labor involved, a trigger housing (by itself) is a flat $75 as is the trigger guard, $75.

For a TM-1 like Jack's, you'd be looking at $150 (housing and guard), and $55 each, for the two parts of the trigger. $260 total.

With TiN coating, the addition of the coating will not mess with any tolerances like chrome or nickel plating. The plating lies on the metal, whereas the TiN coating actually penetrates into the surface.

I give a lifetime warranty that the coating will never wear off, like gold plating does. The TiN coating is also very abrasion resistant. I will not show light scuffing.

Doug Braker
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.