1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Perazzi Mirage 30" fixed chokes Type III

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 800Shotgun.com, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 800Shotgun.com

800Shotgun.com TS Member

F/S Perazzi Mirage 30

<a href="http://s332.photobucket.com/albums/m324/800Shotgun/?action=view&current=DSC_0063_019_033.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s332.photobucket.com/albums/m324/800Shotgun/?action=view&current=DSC_0074_028_042.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Pre-owned PERAZZI MIRAGE with Gold Line engraving. Has Factory fixed Choke and bottom Barrel ported. Bottom Barrel is .724 bore with .030 choke and ported. Top barrel is .730 bore with .046 choke. Barrel has Low Step rib and Removable Trigger. Wood has miner nicks and dents from normal use. Metal blueing is in excelent condition 98%+. This will make an fantastic sporting clays gun. And with a little work would make for a great skeet set. As it is it is a wonderful trap gun. PRICE REDUCED $4,295.00

Additional pictures are on website.

2. 800Shotgun.com

800Shotgun.com TS Member

F/S Perazzi Mirage 30

at grand come visit our booth in front of 5C

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

F/S Perazzi Mirage 30

Dear Mike

I guess I will find out how good this gun is on our Bunker field in North Tn.

I talked Kurt down a little on the gun and it is headed my way. It is a type III.

Now, if it needs it, who has a good price on the mainspring and installation kit, and what about one piece firing pins?

I performed warranty service and repair on these guns when they were imported by Ithaca and Winchester. I know, I'm older than dirt. I can't remember much about them, except replacing the mainsprings.

4. Shooting Coach

F/S Perazzi Mirage 30

Dear Sportshot,

The Cynergy is a tremendous firearm, and is well suited for clay target chores.

However, in the last year, I have spent many hours in the Gym, have basically doubled my strength and dropped my body fat down to 12%. I train warriors half my age, and I feel I must show them the techniques I train, from Confrontational Management (COP ON-apply directly to suspect) to a running Gunfight (self explanatory)! Most 60+ year old Instructors cannot do this. I am dedicated to my students.

What this means is most tournament guns feel like small bore field guns to me. Even my 32" XT feels light and whippy.

We now have a Bunker field in North Tn, and I want to have a gun truly made for the task. I shoot my XT fairly well, and have shot in the high 90's with it. I do tend to shoot over the wormburner. As good as it is, the XT IS a trap gun. On the ATA field, the XT and XT UnSingle Combo's are about as good as it gets. After shooting the Unsingle Combo, I bought one, and wound up selling my K-80 Combo. I simply shoot it better. It is heavier than the XT I use for ATA backup and Bunker. If fatigued or dehydrated, it feels like a floor joist. One must remember, it was designed from the ground up as an ATA gun.

I am going to try the Mirage out for a season, and will make up my mind. The ease of finding different stocks and extra barrels was a part of the decision to buy it. Also, the thing has monster chokes, which I prefer.

Now I need a source on parts, including the obligatory spring kit, and firing pins.

Are the factory two piece pins the way to go, or should I get the one piece units? I serviced these guns thirty + years ago, but cannot remember much about them, except that at the warranty shop I ran, the Brownings gave less trouble than ANY brand we serviced! I have always liked the Browning. If the Mirage does not float my boat, I am looking at a XS Special with 32" barrels.

I will give this gun a six month shakedown cruise.

I know I can bug Giacomo with questions, but I figure there is more experience on this site and folks willing to help out a fellow shooter.

5. Shooting Coach

F/S Perazzi Mirage 30

Yep, I saw that too, but I got a good price on it, and if it does not pan out, it can go back. If it does what I want, I'll keep it.

Do you have a source for parts, or should I just go through Giacomo?

6. Shooting Coach

F/S Perazzi Mirage 30

Just a quick update on Kurt at Great Lakes Sporting Arms.

I picked up the Mirage today. It is in better shape than he described. The metal is virtually 100%, with all matching parts. The breech face looks like new, the top lever is almost to the wood, and all in all, I am VERY satisfied with the gun. The bores are mirror smooth and flawless. I tried, but could not find anything wrong with it.

I will recommend Kurt and Great Lakes to anyone. He is a new kid on the block and has definitely made a good impression on me! (thumbs up icon)

7. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

F/S Perazzi Mirage 30

ive been checking her out on there site , very nice piece, clean,bottom only ported i like, if it dont work out ill give u 3 grand,just kidding , but i will.

8. Shooting Coach

F/S Perazzi Mirage 30

No doubt.

I took her to the Club, and ran 100 straight right out of the box on the 16, shot a 71/75 (23-24-24) on Bunker, shot a 23 off the 27, and had a great time with the gun. It really boils birds. Once I get used to it, I might be able to shoot it. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

find kurt miner in tn