1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S or Trade Ithaca 12ga.Minier Double Barrel

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by BILL GRILL, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Rick, Not to rain on your parade but. Who in their right mind would blue a damascus barrel? Also they polished the reciever to the point that all engraving and case colors are gone. If you want to know what its worth post it on doublegunshop.com those boys will let you know. :) Bill

2. BILL GRILL

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Rick, Minier's were made from 1906 to 1908 and were followed by the Flues model. The NID's followed the Flues. I can assure you nothing left the Ithaca factory looking like this gun.I am quite sure all recievers were case colored in this era. Regards, Bill

3. Mapper

Mapper Member

0   0   0

Naturally, Bill Grill has the right of it. I just looked at my 1906 Minier and it has two screw holes at the back top of the action. But then Ithaca was not above changing things. Mine has a replacement Ithaca stock and it is checkered.
    It also has fluid steel bbls, but I expect they offered them both ways. The Ithaca banner is a little faint on my gun and it has not been refinished or buffed. Maybe the roll engraver got dull on some of them.

4. tinylo

tinylo TS Member

0   0   0

here is some soothing balm too apply to the eyes

[​IMG]

5. BILL GRILL

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Rick, Let's see that research. Your research on doublegun.com did not provide that info. So if you think they came in silver and they looked like your gun you should be able to find several examples on the internet and point us to them? I am anxiously waiting to see them. I am a little new at double guns and am always anxious to learn about new examples. Regards, Bill

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Even if it left the factory in the white, there is no way a raw steel receiver would look that good after 100 years unless it saw some polishing somewhere along the way.

7. BILL GRILL

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Copy and pasted off doublegun.com following post is by rdm1628

Did Ithaca Miniers come with silver receivers or only case colored receivers? I saw online a Ithaca factory brochure that seemed to show models with a silver receiver. Thanks For any Info on this. I have people telling me they only came with case colored receivers. Thanks Rick

This is a reply by a fellow poster.

This gun has been reblued and stock refinished years ago as from your other post you said it was restored. I would almost be certain that on your gun the case colors have worn off. Often the barrels will get reblued but nothing gets done to the action because that is a whole different process that most don't know how to do properly. Do you know how the barrels were reblued? A SxS should have the barrels slow rust blued, not hot tanked. If it was cold blue that was done, that is not really a restoration.

This is another reply

To the poster rdm. I just noticed you have posted this on 3 forums that I know of. On the one forum you posted pics. From the pics I can tell you that the restoration was not done by a professional. The damascus barrels have been covered over with it looks like hot bluing--not a good thing. You can see color changes where the caustic bluing reacted with the iron in the damascus. It is also not good for the ribs on a SXS. The action has been polished leaving it a "polished in the white". There is no checkering on the stock or forearm. You have posted pics of this on another forum. Now instead of getting folks here to guess what your gun is, why don't you post the pics so everyone can plainly see what has been done? Then accept the answers you are getting as you have been told by different people on at least 3 forums. And no I didn't reply to your other posts on the other forums.

8. BILL GRILL

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Rick, There are plenty of people on here and other forums that are ready, willing, and able to help you. But when you get their knowledge/advise you should be willing to take it. So far you have only proven you are uneducatable. At least you were smart enough to edit your original post with correct info. Although saying there were 22,771 Minier's made is a strech, that is the amont of serial numbers set aside for Miniers.

The "none in this condition" in your first post says it all. Regards, Bill

9. BILL GRILL

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Looks like he took his Miener and went home? Oh well 1500. for a good parts gun was a little high. :) Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ithaca minier

minier ithaca sxs