1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S NEW MYRTLEWOOD, KOA, BLACK MYRTLE SALE

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I found another slab of Hawaiian KOA last week and it's now part of the White Creek inventory. If you didn't pull the trigger fast enough on the first two blanks I offered, you're about to get another chance. I'm offering a two-piece set and a rifle blank for your viewing and purchasing pleasure. This wood traveled from the Islands in 1978 and has been drying naturally for the last 33 years. It has vibrant reds, golds, hints of green and silver and has a fine fiddleback that will be very pronounced in the final product. I tried pictures with natural sunlight this afternoon and was not entirely pleased with the results.

All five pieces reduced by 15% as of 4PM Pacific Time Tuesday, September 27. If you've been waiting for the reduction, here it is!! 15% reduction in all five prices one time and one time only. There will be no further reductions and as of this weekend the remaining blanks will be transferred to the website and prices will be set back to MSRP.

The first KOA blank, K4, measures 36" long, 9+" tall at the butt, 3 1/4" tall at the muzzle and is a full 2 3/4" thick.

K4right.jpg

K4rightbutt.jpg

K4leftbutt.jpg

K4left.jpg

K-4 is big enough to host any rifle caliber or shotgun application. Price is $695.00 with shipping included.

K9 is a two-piece KOA blank that will be shipped with a closely matching forend blank cut from the same board. Measurements are 20" long, 9+" tall at the butt, 4 1/2" tall at the receiver and 2 7/8" thick. It's a monster and will hold any combination of twisted sister, offset, heads-up, roll over Beethoven and Crazy Uncle that you can dream up.

K9right.jpg

K9left.jpg

Wonderful straight grain, great layout, super colors, stripe and figure are yours for $595.00 with shipping and insurance included. If you were thinking about something truly unique for yourself or a loved one (or relative) and you missed the last KOA listing, go ahead and pull the trigger on one of these.

I got to tour the deep dark backroom of a long-time Myrtlewood supplier over the weekend and spent the afternoon today preparing several Myrtlewood blanks for your viewing pleasure. I picked up a bunch of ten year old Black Myrtle two-piece sets that are a little skinny for tournament stocks (two inches thick) but will be dynamite for smaller scaled-down over/unders or almost any side-by-side shotguns. I'll be prepping them in the next few weeks and will show them here first when they're ready.

In the meantime, here are three Myrtlewood blanks guaranteed to put a smile on your face and jealousy in the hearts of your shooting buddies. The first blank, without markings, measures 37" long, 8" tall at the butt, 2 1/2" tall at the muzzle and is more than 3" thick. It will host any rifle or shotgun application and is part of my "Lightning Myrtle" inventory.

Lightningmyrtleright.jpg

Lightningmyrtlerighbutt.jpg

Lightningmyrtleleftbutt.jpg

Lightningmyrtleleft.jpg

The black line stripe looks like a lightning bolt, hence the name. The combination of fiddle, color and stripe along with an ideal layout are available for $495.00 including shipping. If you want any rifle blank to be rendered to a two-piece, we'll do that at your bidding before packing the piece for shipping.

Myrtlewood B is a flashy full fiddlebacked cutey that measures 36" long, 7" tall at the butt, 3+" tall at the muzzle and is more than 3" thick. Pictures will sell this one:

MyrtleBright.jpg

MyrtleBrightbutt.jpg

MyrtleBleft.jpg

MyrtleBleftbutt.jpg

Great offensive tool on the trap, skeet or sporting range. Simply let the sun hit all that fiddleback and your competition will be blinded for a week!! This stunner is priced at $450.00 with shipping and insurance included.

Last on today's list is a Black Myrtle rifle blank for those of you who are a little more traditional and would like to try Myrtlewood but want something really dark so you can fool your friends into believing it's really Walnut. Measurements are 35 1/2" long, 7" tall at the butt, 3+" tall at the muzzle and 2 1/2" thick. Yes, it really is THAT black.

BM3right.jpg

BM3rightbutt.jpg

BM3leftbutt7.jpg

BM3left.jpg

Move your head up or down to see the stripe and figure in this dramatic blank. This abberation of Myrtlewood is even rarer than Tiger Myrtle and is extremely dense. It polishes to an incredible finish and takes checkering at 32 lines to the inch beautifully. A very rare find as big as this piece is. Priced at $545.00 including shipping and insurance.

As usual, the first commitment at the email address above gets first dibs. If you must have two or more we can probably dicker a little. If you need more of anything shown here, let me know and we'll see what we can do. Thanks for looking and shoot well.

Mike Mann, 2012 Oregon State ATA Vet Doubles, Prelim Handicap, HAA and HOA Champion and Managing Member, WHITE CREEK GUNSTOCK BLANKS LLC

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

This is what Koa looks like turned into a gunstock....and might I add, you've been showing us some very nice wood, Mike!...keep up the good work!

Ron Burr

Alberta

ljutic73_2008_030318.jpg

3. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Ron,

Thanks for the pics. Beautiful example of the straight grain and tiny fiddleback that shows so well in the finished product. Unfortunately my pics didn't do these two blanks justice. The pronounced black stripe is also very visible in your picture. Good stuff!!

Mike Mann

4. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

All five pieces reduced by 15% as of 4PM Pacific Time Tuesday, September 27. If you've been waiting for the reduction, here it is!! 15% reduction in all five prices one time and one time only. There will be no further reductions and as of this weekend the remaining blanks will be transferred to the website and prices will be set back to MSRP.

If you've been sniffing, now is the time to jump. Prices on these five will never be lower than now.

Thanks for looking, Mike Mann

5. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

TTT

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

GB....yes it is....visited him twice at his shop in Tucson and bought 5 of his Cochise T-hole stocks over the years....always did my own inletting and finishing, though...the rifle in the pic is a Sako single shot bench rest action, 7mm-08, with one of Harry's bolt shrouds....
    Ron Burr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

black myrtlewood

butt burr walnut

koa gunstock wood blanks for sale

koa wood blanks for sale

koa wood rifle stock blank

myrtle rifle blanks for sale

myrtlewood gunstock blanks

myrtlewood gunstock blanks for sale