1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S MYRTLEWOOD BLANKS F/S 40% OR 50% OFF

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Best sale of 2010! I've been getting a lot of requests for fancy - but not exhibition - grade Myrtlewood shotgun blank sets from folks who want to try it for the first time, folks who never heard of it but are curious, folks who have wanted to work with Myrtlewood but don't have a lot of money, etc.

A few years ago, I got a real bargain on more than 30 sets which have been leaking out of my inventory as my clients have uncovered their existence. In a continuing effort to clear a number of spaces in the racks for the Walnut that I'm milling now, here is the best opportunity to buy dry, ready-to-work Myrtlewood 2 piece sets at prices you won't find anywhere else. And probably never again. I'm offering these sets to my friends at Trapshooters.com before I list the remainder (if there are any) on Ebay sometime in February. Yes, a forend blank is included with each set. I listed several on Ebay last week and got no response, so I'm offering the remainder to TSers at 40% off. Here's what that means: If the price listed is $80.00, you'll pay $48.00. If the price listed is $75.00, you'll pay $45.00. If that ain't enough incentive to get your wallet out, try this: Buy one at any price and get one of equal or lower price FREE!! The only other change to the original sale is that I ask you to pick up the actual shipping charges, not just half.

Here's how this sale will work: I'll show one side of each of the stock blanks in the sale for the purpose of keeping this thread as short as possible. You'll notice that it's the same side on all the blanks. I did not choose to show the good side and ignore the side with the image of Osama bin Laden in it. Blanks that have previously been sold have been deleted. I will list the price of the set under the picture of the set and will not further describe (sell) the blank. If you want that set, please let me know at the email address above, referencing the number on the blank(s) and I'll email pictures of both sides in higher definition for your approval. If you are happy with both sides, confirm the purchase via email and let me know how payment will be made. At these prices, I will ask that the buyer pick up the actual cost of shipping. Obviously cash, check and money order are always accepted and I've always had good luck with PayPal. Email address for PayPal is Ahoa1986@aol.com. The first dated, time stamped inquiry at Whitecrkgunstock@aol.com will get the first shot at that blank or blanks. Don't know of any fairer way to do this.

If you are in contact with stockmakers or other professionals who might be interested in multiples, direct them to this thread as I expect these to move quickly at these prices. All pictures were taken with the blanks dry and not enhanced with water, alcohol or any other finish.

The typical cut dimension on every blank is 20 inches long, 7 inches tall at the butt, 3 inches tall at the receiver and 2 1/2 inches thick. One or two have an undercut at the butt which will show in the picture. With 20 inches in length, the undercut should never be a problem. I will, of course, verify the moisture content by actual meter at 12% or less.

As always, TS.com will receive ten percent of all sales completed through this thread.

Here we go!

[​IMG]

#50 price is $65.00.

[​IMG]

#52 price is $65.00.

[​IMG]

#54 price is $90.00.

[​IMG]

#57 price is $60.00.

[​IMG]

#63 price is $75.00.

[​IMG]

#67 price is $70.00.

[​IMG]

#69 price is $80.00.

[​IMG]

#72 price is $65.00.

[​IMG]

#74 price is $75.00.

[​IMG]

#75 price is $85.00.

[​IMG]

#76 price is $70.00.

Again, ten percent of every sale gets donated to Trapshooters.com for the continuance of this website.

Thanks for looking,

Mike Mann White Creek Gunstock Blanks LLC Your Myrtlewood Source

2. M Wayne

M Wayne TS Member

0   0   0

Mike, Would like pics of 56, 59, 61, 66. I am not able to get my email to go through to your address. Email@ c_mann53@yahoo.com. Thank You, Mike

3. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

M Wayne,

Pictures sent. Try ahoa1986@aol.com as an alternate email address, or PM me here. #s 59 and 66 have a hold by an earlier respondent. I'll let you know when they are bought or released. You are second in line for both.

Mike Mann

4. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Seems everybody wants #68. Wish I had ten more Myrtlewood feathers like that one and #78 that I could offer at $125.00. As soon as I get confirmation of payments I will indicate that right after the price under the picture. I'll leave the pictures up so folks can see the quality that's being bought for very few dollars. Remember that ten percent of everything sold goes to David for the propogation of this site. TS.com has $150.00 coming from me and $100.00 coming from a friend who bought a high end Tiger Myrtle blank and will deliver the $100.00 bill to David in person in March.

Even if you don't have an immediate project in mind, do take a few minutes to scan through the pictures. Remember that none of the pictures have been enhanced by wetting. All were taken dry and you can still see the shimmer, quilt, stripe and color that will be much more dramatic when these blanks are finished. These prices are only possible because of a great buy I got on this group of blanks a couple years ago. You'll never see this many dry Myrtlewood blanks for under $100.00 again.

Email at the address above with any questions.

Mike Mann White Creek Gunstock Blanks

5. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Update for those who don't want to look at the pictures again. #61 and #77 are sold. #68 and #79 and #78 are sold pending receipt of funds. A bunch are being considered but will not be taken off the market until funds are confirmed on the way or payment is completed through PayPal.

I appreciate all the questions and will do my level best to answer all in a timely manner. I've now created a spread sheet of the precise times I received first contact about a specific blank and am asking respondents to confirm or deny their interest so I can get back to the next person in line with a yea or nay. All will be answered.

Thanks and Regards to all, Mike Mann

6. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Up for the weekend.

7. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

#59 is sold and on the way to its new home. If anyone is interested in multiples, please contact me at the email above and let's see what we can work out. As always, interesting trades are considered. I've traded for stuff like Priester's Pecans, Guggisberg Baby Swiss and old silver and gold coins.

Let me know,

Mike Mann
    On the road this week at 541-441-6222 Cell

8. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Atrap,

If you're asking about a stock blank, I've got both one and two piece units with 9 inch butts that are a full three inches thick. These I've cut especially for the "heads-up" mount style and the twisted sister applications now being designed into tournament guns.

If you want a big honkin' chunk of Myrtle, I've got a fourteen foot by twenty two inch by three inch and a seven foot by three foot by three inch in the barn ready to go. Won't fit in a flat rate box though.

Email me at address above with your specifics and I'll cut what you need.

Regards, Mike Mann

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I like 60

10. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Forty percent or more off on these remaining Myrtlewood blanks effective 7:30PM Pacific time on February 28. See details in the body of the revised original post.

Mike Mann White Creek Gunstock Blanks LLC

11. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Folks,

# 51, 53, 60, 71, and 80 have been sold. Everybody wanted #60. Sorry I didn't have ten of them. Lots of very nice blanks left at 40% off the listed price or buy one at the price listed and get an equal or lesser value blank for free!.

We've generated another $30.00 for TS.com. Let's keep it going.

Thanks to all,

Mike Mann

12. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

0   0   0

51 & 53 are on their way to me tomorrow. Lot's of good bargains left. Can't wait to get my hands on mine!

Eddie Quire

13. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

#55 is now sold. I'll start deleting the pictures of those sold so you guys don't have to keep seeing old news.

Thanks for the interest, Mike Mann

14. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Only twelve left and we started with thirty. We've still got a little more money to make for David. Get these twelve off the books and I'll donate an Exhibition Myrtle 2 piece set to be auctioned for the support of this site.

I was shooting the doubles marathon at Redlands yesterday and had an established client walk up and hand me a check for #s 60 and 80. Great way to spend a day in southern California. Thanks to Terry and his crew for a very well run shoot. 250 pair of doubles and my full squad got two broken targets all day. I got none. That's a great statistic.

Find me someone who wants the whole dozen and I'll make a real good deal. If you've had your eye on one or two, remember 40% off any one, buy two and pay for the higher priced blank and the lesser priced one is free. Actual shipping only.

Thanks, Mike Mann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.