1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S MYRTLE BOOKMATCHED PAIR SOLD F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

As I have been taking dry Myrtlewood blanks out of the racks and planing them prior to photographing them for the upcoming website, I saw markings on two of the rifles that reminded me that we had so marked a bookmatched pair (sharing a common cut) over three years ago. These are a mirror of one another on one side which is the definition of bookmatch. This pair has a deep shimmering gold base with broken fiddleback, silver and grey stripe and a "candleflame" burl burst in the meat of the stock through both sides of the bookmatch. We were smart (or lucky) enough back then to cut this pair to the exact same dimensions, knowing that they likely would sell as a bookmatched pair.

IMG_3350.jpg?

IMG_3351.jpg?

Two views of the bookmatched sides taken from different angles to show the shimmer and fiddleback.

IMG_3353.jpg?

Close-up of the heart of the butt on both blanks. Planing has removed about 1/16th" between the blanks. Very rare to see the bookmatch in Myrtle rifles because of the varying, wandering nature of the figure and colors.

IMG_3357.jpg?

IMG_3356.jpg?

Two views of reverse sides of the pair. In a true bookmatch, the reverse sides can't match each other and these don't. The silver stripe is much more evident on both reverse sides. This pair will make a show-stopping pair of rifles and are big and thick enough to handle almost all shotgun applications. Dimensions are 36 inches long, 7 1/2 inches tall at the butt, 3 inches tall at the muzzle and 2 3/8 inches thick. The layout is as perfect as can be with excellent straight grain through the correct 85% of the blank. Both are metered at 11% moisture and are stable, dry and ready to work. Price for the pair is $600.00 and they are SOLD. First response at the email above gets the first shot at this awesome pair.

Thanks for looking and regards, Mike Mann WHITE CREEK GUNSTOCK BLANKS LLC

2. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

0   0   0

up for two outstanding blanks!

3. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

0   0   0

That is my fav color for a gun stock---if only I could

4. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Prices reduced one time only and only to TSers. I'll keep this pair up through the weekend and, if not claimed by then, they'll be off to the photographers for inclusion in the upcoming website. The pair will now sell at $500.00, either individual blank at $300.00.

Mike Mann

5. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

ttt

6. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

ttt

7. Mr.M