1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S MX-3 SINGLE BARREL WITH BONUS $700.00 F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Selling a 34 inch MX-3 Standard (not Special) Single barrel which I have replaced with a full factory original barrel for my competition Combo. Barrel has untouched .722 factory bore and includes four Perazzi Choke tubes marked 5, 7, 8 and 10. All tubes have been inserted and tested and shoot excellent patterns. Barrel weight is marked as KG 1.760 but there is an expansion type weight inserted in the bottom barrel stub making it somewhat heavier. On my precision postal scale the barrel with choke tube and barrel weight inserted scales at exactly 4 pounds, no ounces.

The barrel has been ported and the center bead hasn't been there since I bought this gun over a year ago. Bluing is bright and shiny and does not appear to have been re-done. The barrel doesn't appear to have been used or abused very much.

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

Barrel weight insert and center bead stub.

IMG_1362.jpg

Porting - best of five pictures I took.

IMG_1357.jpg

Choke tubes, no, I didn't sterilize them before the pictures.

IMG_1358.jpg

I can't say who did the porting, and I don't know who made the weight device. I'm asking final REDUCTION to $700.00 plus a unique bonus (see below) for the barrel and I'm told that's a reasonable number considering the four factory tubes that come with it. I'll pick up the shipping and insurance to the lower 48 at this price.

First confirmation at the email address above gets it.

Thanks for looking, Mike Mann 2012 Oregon ATA Veteran HAA and HOA Champion

2. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Reduced to $850.00 to get this barrel in somebody's hands who can use it. I'd rather a TSer get this one, but will have to list it elsewhere if nobody jumps on it here.

Mike

3. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

ttt

4. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Reduced to $750.00 for the weekend.

Mike Mann

5. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Thanks for the endorsement, Richard. Let's make it an irresistable buy at $700.00 and get it out of inventory this weekend. The only reason I'm not shooting this one is because I got a very nice deal on a factory original (unported) single earlier this year and it's just won 5 Vet trophies for me at the 2012 Oregon State Shoot including Vet HAA and Vet HOA. I think I'm in love and it's time to kick the old girlfriend to some other deserving shooter's curb.

Grab this bargain this weekend. I've found another stick of Hawaiian KOA that this barrel will help to finance.

Mike Mann

6. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

And this is as low as the price will go. Heck of a bargain for this barrel with factory bores and 4 choke tubes. Install a new mid bead and off you go!!.

Thanks for looking, Mike Mann

7. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

ttt

8. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Trying to think of what I can do to get this barrel out of my office. Pride alone won't let me reduce the price below $700.00, so I have to add some sort of sweetener to the pot. Here's what I came up with:

For the buyer of this barrel, I'll send them 4 boxes - 100 rounds - of AA light 8 ammunition, new in the original boxes, all stamped with the NRA logo along with Grand American Sparta 2008 markings. I have a limited number of these cartridges that have made their way into my collection - I know somebody - and am willing to part with four boxes to make this sale happen.

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

If this doesn't happen by late Thursday night, the barrel and the shells will be on their way to Sunnyvale, California for the John Everitt Memorial where I'll probably use the barrel and the cartridges to win the feature handicap. Leave me with my fantasy, OK? Everyone there shoots MX-3s, so it won't return from that shoot, I'm thinkin'.

Thanks for looking, Mike Mann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.