1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S MX-3 Barrel

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kolar12, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolar12

kolar12 Member

I have a Tommy Seitz barrel for sale that is for a MX-3. Top single. The good news is that it is $750 plus shipping. The bad news is that it is in need of repair. Both locking lugs broke off of the barrel. I was told by shooters who know more about welding than I do, that it would be repairable with TIG or whatever other methods there are out there. If you want to buy it as is, it is for sale. It is 34 inch, and I belive .031 choke. It also has the Seitz drilled porting.

The barrel that I purchased to replace it was $3,000 new. I will send pictures if requested. And yes, it is stamped CC Seitz. Gary

2. kolar12

kolar12 Member

3. kolar12

kolar12 Member

Was not from hot loads! One broke and was fixed by Giacomo. Then they both came off a year later. Can't realy answer your question.

4. kolar12

kolar12 Member

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

This appears to be the "round" type of mono block. Not the beefer MX8 Type therefore tis is a problem.

TB

6. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

That's just great....I finally got the money and the ambition and just bought a really nice MX3 top mono, full choke just for the fun and games of long distant chip shoots...now it looks like I bought a gun that is gonna break under the pressure of 28gr of longshot and 1 1/4 of 6 shot!.....just my luck! Guess I will just have to shoot my Browning and get rid of this high priced P-Gun before I break the thing...

7. kolar12

kolar12 Member

The rest of the gun was not junked. The barrel was replaced. Pics for you.

8. kolar12

kolar12 Member

Again

9. kolar12

kolar12 Member

Again

10. Baber

Baber TS Member

Hate to say it but the barrel is probably history. Buy a new one and forget this one.

Have the new one properly fitted as I suspect that could be one of the reasons for the lug failure here.

TB

p.s. luvs2chip.... you are not SOL. I have known numerous people who have shot this type of Perazzi sucessfully for years. Shoot it and don't worry. If you are real concerned send it to Giacomo for him to fix/repair/check out etc.

11. kolar12

kolar12 Member

Still available. Reasonable offers for this barrel considered.

12. kolar12

kolar12 Member

I agree, zardozforty. I do not want to have the barrel repaired as it has been replaced. I want to sell it to someone who either will have it repaired or will do the repair himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.