1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Model 12 Winchester Nickel Steel Trap

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by 1oldshooter, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1oldshooter

1oldshooter Member

0   0   0

This Model 12 has a 30” Nickel Steel barrel with a Simmons 3/8” Vent Rib with a small white middle site and a ½” red front site. Its serial number is in the 430XXX range. The gun shows very little wear on its blue in the usual carry places. The top of the receiver has a matte finish. The stock has LOP @ 14 ¾” and drop at heel is 2 ¼”. It has a white line pistol grip cap and a white line soft recoil pad. It has Extra Deluxe wood. The gun is not marked Trap. Gun locks up tight and does not rattle with wear.
    Now the bad news. I lent the gun to a friend? who said he wanted to buy it, but he wanted to shoot it at a couple of rounds of trap first. When he brought it back, he said he didn’t have the money to buy it. I then found a big chip out of the top front side of the forearm. (see photos) EX friend said he didn’t do it, and it may have been done before he took it. I don’t know for sure and can’t make him pay. Anyway, my $1250.00 Model 12 is now for sale for $800.00. Shipping to your FFL is $35.00. Thanks, Jerry (1oldshooter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Is this a buildup ??

3. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

0   0   0

ALF-99,Simmons rib would suggest to me a buildup.Not to take anything away from this gun,but from pics. I would guess it has been reblued.Still a very nice Mod. 12.

Bocephas

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bocephas I agree I did,t see a Proof Mark ??

5. onlym12's

onlym12's TS Member

0   0   0

They all get reblued after a rib is installed

Thank's Mike

6. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

0   0   0

onlym12's,you are right.I believe at one time Simmons put ribs on for Win.in the white.These came from Win.with a Simmons rib.Although I think these were much later date after I looked at the serial # of this gun.1926:Serial#-423,057-464,564 were produced.I should have known a much later date was not stainless steel.Had my mind somewhere else.

bocephas

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The guns that Winchester had Simmons rib had the name Simmons is on the bottom of the rib (under the rib) not the side .

ALF

8. Mapper

Mapper Member

0   0   0

My slightly older model 12 has a milled receiver. Shouldn't that era have the same?

9. 1oldshooter

1oldshooter Member

0   0   0

10. 1oldshooter

1oldshooter Member

0   0   0

Denny, email on the way. Jerry

11. 1oldshooter

1oldshooter Member

0   0   0

Jim, More pics are on your way. Jerry

12. 410Ed

410Ed TS Member

0   0   0

Hello 1 old shooter ;
    If you still have Model 12; are you interested in a trade for a Mod.700BDL .35 Whalen in 98% wood and blue condition, made in early 80's, with leupold mount and rings ? I have no camera to send pix.
    Please contact me at syzygy12@verizon .net
    410ed (another old shooter)

13. 1oldshooter

1oldshooter Member

0   0   0

Denny, please answer your email. I need more info. Thanks Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.