1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Model 12 Skeet

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by GBatch_25, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

GUN IS SOLD PENDING FUNDS ETC.
    Some will recall a couple weeks ago I posted some info on a Model 12 belonging to a friend. I now have some pix of it and a little more info. Asking $875+ shipping to your FFL. I will accept a money order or cashier's check. No Paypal, no credit cards.

The serial number is # 1930527 and the numbers on both the top and bottom pieces do match. The reference books I've seen put this as a 1963 manufacture date. The gun was purchased new by my friend's Dad, shot a few times and then cased up and not used. The rib looks factory to me and is referred to as a '3 pin rib', so I'm told. There are no names or markings on the rib. The gun is 12 gauge and has a 26" barrel. The mag tube has very little wear and the action is still crisp. The barrel is marked "Model 12---12 gauge---2 3/4 Cham WS-1".

I have not shot the gun but have racked the action and cleaned it. It's in good to very good condition. The wood is original, LOP is 14" with the original Winchester black plastic butt plate. When I took it apart to clean it, there was still some yellowish-brown residue from the original factory grease on the joined parts of the gun. As a result of the long term storage, there are some (4-5) small (the size of a '0' on a keyboard) rust spots on the bluing. They appear to be more on the surface and my guess is they can probably be buffed off and then cold blued. There are also a few small nicks where the joined parts come together and the metal slide goes from the upper into the lower (sorry, I don't know what it's called). Overall the gun is in nice shape, the wood is nice wood, with nice checkering, and not cracked or worn; some dings, yes.

Gun will NOT be shipped in a case.

Pix are below. The URL link above should enable you to view a slide show of the pix.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Email me or call my cell. I sometimes forget to check Private Messages here so don't rely on that.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL
    gbatch3@gmail.com
    630-247-7751

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.