1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S mod 42 Win

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by JACK, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

I love your little ducks. The background is a better presentation than the gun itself.

But the price tells the rest of the story. good luck.

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

A gun What kind of gun ??

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

That one duck looks like it'd attack you if you touched the gun.

4. mikezookie

mikezookie Member

0   0   0

For a 90% 1951 gun it's $1000.00.

You got my bid.

Mike

5. PatMan

PatMan Member

0   0   0

what is your e-mail?, I would like to talk to you about the md 42 thanks Wayne

6. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

southjblue:

I think it is wrong to jump into someone's WTS and say "It's too much."

But, as I read your subsequent posts, I believe you have invited comments.

Your gun should bring about 1200-1500 (assuming all you say is correct) but better pictures would help.

My FFL has a pre-war, probably first or second month's production and can't get a bite at around 2K.

I picked up a nice one with an original vent rib for just under 1200. Those with add-on ribs usually go for about that or more. I got a good deal from a Pawn Shop on mine. He'd had it, IIRC, for some ten years and it was still there!

It is true that on GA, GB and AA you will find 42s for more. But keep watching and you will see these re-listed over and over because there was no bid at the starting price or because the bidders never reached the seller's reserve.

If it were mine, and I wanted to sell it, I'd get better photos and lower the price on here. if it didn't sell, you could use the same photos on GB, etc. and start the bidding at the least you could live with.

Another thought-money's a bit tight these days, and people seem to be buying the guns they think may be difficult to get in the future. You might wipe this down, put it back in the safe and hold it till things get better.

Things will get better, won't they?

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.