1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S MEC hyd case conditioner

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by birddog1964, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

0   0   0

I have a MEC hyd case conditioner in 12,16,20 and 28ga. The hyd cly has been rebuilt and the press has been cleaned and lubed. 150.00 shipped if have any questions I can be reached at 423-743-9233. NOTE, DOES NOT COME WITH PUMP.

thanks
    lee
    [​IMG]

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Lee. A very nice item. For the perfecitonist (aren't we all) it will make some hellacious shells for feeding into any gun. But this one is quite new to me. It is a Hydraulic, eh? I believe you, but if you get a chance talk about it a bit more. And how does it do wiht steel bases? They hang up in my PW loader.

Jack

3. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

0   0   0

Jack,

Up in till about a month ago I did not load any steel base shells, I did not like the looks of them and heard a lot of negative things as far as more wear on your loader and harder on the gun. But a customer of mine was talking to me and sent me a box full of the gun clubs and I really like the way they load and he can get them by the truck loads.lol Anyway I load on a sizemaster and sell my 2 stage loaders, but at this time I don't have anymore steel hulls to run through the case conditioner to check but the die is rounded so I would think so. As soon as I shoot some of these I will run them through it and see.

thanks
    lee
    [​IMG]

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Lee. (and this comment may cause question in some of our TS.com bretheren) Be cautious of primer bezels and such that are not flat. As they may wear your reciever face quicker than usual. think of it... a receiver that takes a couple thousandths of a hit every time rather than having it proportionately disperesed over the entire base will have a tendency to wear the face. By comparison, look how the flat surfaces mate on a winchester primer. I used Cheddite primers last year and some did not seat to flush and I swear I saw premature wear.

If you get a chance to run this critter show us an action shot and result if you would. I did not know this think existed.

I Came form Southern WI and shook hands with the MEC people every State shoot. the speed that the techs worked on loaders amazed me. I imagine you have see the tent and loaders, yes? Let's see... No, I deleted the WI state folder

This was one of my steel base experiments when I hd my grabber. Let's see how the primers look

[​IMG]

Looks like I have one of each. But I still think that a case conditioner would take collet pressure off the loading system an faciltate complete insertion of the primer.

J

5. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

0   0   0

Jack,

The whole and only purpose of a HYD case conditioner is if you have a HYD 650 or a loader with out a resizer. The only thing it does more then a supper sizer as it will deprime the hull. Now using this set up has it it's up sides you don't have to worry about shot dropping down into your collet fingers and having to take that all a part to clean out etc. The only lube that is needed is one shot case lube by Hornady I spray inside the die every 100 or so hulls to lube it.

I deprimed and then loaded these shells and put a straight edge on the bottom and all of them are flat, One reason I use a sizemaster is when I take the shell out from being primed I drag my finger across the bottom of the shell to fill the primmer and make sure it is fully seated, and see different things at different stages of the loading process to make sure that all is well.lol See if this is what you are taking about in pic.

thanks
    lee
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
adjusting a mec case conditioner
mec case conditioner

mec case conditioner press