1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S - Looking for a cheap SUV?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by AveragEd, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Back in 1995, I bought a 1992 Chevrolet S10 Blazer LT four-door that the dealership where I worked sold new, serviced and traded back in on a new 1996 Blazer. It has served us well but we no longer need it, so it is for sale.

It isn't a cream puff cosmetically, with some body rust and delaminating paint. It's a typical 1992 GM truck; you've seen plenty of them. But it runs great and doesn't smoke at all. The tires are nearly-new BFG All-Terrain T/As and the front brake pads and rotors, rear brake shoes, idler arm and pitman arm and both front torsion bar mounts were replaced last summer as were the spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor. The rotors were rotted out, the rear shoes were cracked, the steering arms had excessive play, one of the torsion mounts was rusted and the tune-up items had last been replaced at 31,000 miles, so with 125,000 on it, I figured it deserved new ones. I've been using it strictly as a hunting vehicle and for the past five or so years, it was only was driven 1,000 miles or so a year. Now that my son has a 4x4 pickup, it doesn't even get used for that.

The A/C isn't cold (I only drove it in the winter, so I never bothered finding out why) and the tailgate glass needs new gas supports. Otherwise, it's pretty decent.

I can email photos if anyone wants them and it is located in south-central Pennsylvania, near Harrisburg. When I was in the car business, just about any working 4x4 system made the vehicle it was in worth $2,000, so I figure $2,500 is a good number for this Blazer.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.