1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Leo's BT99 W/Gold

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by PA101_guy, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

Beautiful gun Gary......Is it possible that it's one of the Pigeons Etchen had made a few years back ? All grades of Leos BT's were numbered on the tang.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

2. jester-the-molester

jester-the-molester TS Member

3. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

Hi Gary,

You have my curiosity now.......If it's an 86 production, as far as I know, Leo was the only one that had these guns during that time period. Etchen had a run made I'm guessing......late 90's, 2000-01....sometime after Leos..... I have a NIB Leos Gr. 6 Pigeon (34" fixed full, straight stock) that's identical except it's blued and numbered....made in 87. I live only about 25 miles from where Leos was located and got to know him pretty well. I was fortunate to see about 50 or so (Gr.1's and Gr. 6's) of his BT's lined up in the shop......an got a tour of "the back room".....what a sight that was.....anyhow, I never saw one of his BT's that was not numbered in gold above the lever so I'll be real interested in hearing what Browning tells you.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM....Dave

4. jabrlin

jabrlin TS Member

I talked to Leo afew years ago, he told me that the first year production
    did not have the seperate serial # on top of reciever! jabrlind

5. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

Thanks for the update Gary. Jabrlind called it.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

As I recall, back then Leo's gunshop was selling beavertail forend (old model) guns in the 80's but not high grades.

The Pigeon Grade was made from 1978 to 1985 or 86, there are still 4 or 5 of them around our club. Some of the guys that had them aren't shooting right now.

One guy had his stolen, and I spotted it at a gun show 50 miles away. I told him about it and he went and took it away from the vendor.

My 2005 Blue Book says $1500 for one in 98% condidtion, updated price has to be higher.

Yours has some fantastic wood, great looking gun.

HM

7. 3DHC

3DHC Member

I purchased two Leo Special BT-99's in 1995. One was a Grade 1 (w/G3 Wood) MC Comb 34" Barrel while the other was a Grade 6 Gold on Blue Straight Comb 32" Barrel (Only G6 in inventory at that time). My BT's had the later Invector + ported barrels. Both had the wide Beavertail Forends which are unlike the BT in the photo.

I sold the G6 six years ago but have kept the G1 and shoot it a couple of times a year for old times sake.

Butch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.