1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Kolar combo

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbshep, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbshep

jbshep Member

Kolar Combo s/n 01912, Std nickel; 32” O/U & 34” top single; (list $13,995)
    .750 bore w/ Kolar multi chokes, Factory adj comb ($395); Adj length trigger
    with both pull & release hammers ($595); Gracoil, adj. w/ 1” Kickeez pad ($495); Bill mains engraved guard with gold broken target ($250); Kolar Americase ($495)
    Total retail = $16,225. It is all "as-new". Will sell for $11,995 including insured overnight shipping to your FFL ($160). I bought this set about 1-1/2 years ago as an O/U combo and had the Kolar auth rep (Pete McCall) fit a top single barrel (.740 bore) at the 2007 Southern Grand. I have tried to shoot doubles and I give up!! Have even taken Phil Kiner's clinic (Plus 2 private lessons with Phil); I just can't get the second bird. Embarrassed myself for the last time this weekend! So don't need a combo any more. Have shot the O/U barrels about 500 times and the single about the same. Time to bail out; I have other less expensive guns to miss doubles with! - Brad

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I have LH trap wood that will work on this gun if any lefty's are interested in it.

http://www.trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=149892&Messages=11

3. jbshep

jbshep Member

Free overnight FedEx

4. Gunpowder06

Gunpowder06 TS Member

Brad, I thought it was a unsingle, didn't read the post correctly. Sorry... It is a nice looking gun. Bernie

5. jbshep

jbshep Member

Bernie: I have found that a top single works best for me; it is the same sight picture as my Seitz (and your BT-99). I've tried all the high rib guns; remember the K80 TS, that I couldn't get used to? I'll bring this Kolar to Eustis Tuesday so you can try it. Brad

6. jbshep

jbshep Member

Will consider high grade perazzi or krieghoff in trade.

7. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

jbshep,

If you're giving up on doubles after only 500 birds, I think you're doing so prematurely, even with the lessons from Phil it's going to take a while for you to get the knack of it. It won't happen overnight, but you'll do better, there seems to be a much bigger learning curve around here for doubles than singles or caps. JMHO...

8. jbshep

jbshep Member

Thanks for your advice, Justin. The 500 doubles is only with this Kolar. I have tried to shoot doubles with two Kolars, a Krieghoff, several Brownings and a Perazzi. It's not the gun, it's me. I am a one-eyed shooter (have to tape over my dominant left) so that slows me down. As hard as I try, the second bird has always started down before I get to it. I am 99% on the first bird and about 10% on the second. I've just decided to quit wasting money on doubles and since the only reason I have the Kolar is doubles, it has to go. Thanks - Brad

9. jbshep

jbshep Member

Make a reasonable offer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.