Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

F/S K-80 TS Wenig Stock and Forearm

2K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  ec90t 
#1 ·
Guys, that is a deal! I have Wenig wood in their "one of a kind, special select" English for my KX-5. It is that same style but with standard checkering, their optional "deluxe" finish and no adjustable comb. Its retail price was $3,980 three years ago!

Ed

#3 ·
I hate to say it but Why is he selling it? It seams to me Dennis Devault might build you a stock that really fits the shooter for close to that price. I that the checkering would be a few hundred dollar upgrade and the wood is med grade so it shouldn't cost a fortune.

I'm really posting this because of something that bothers me. How many of you would buy clothing custom made for someone else. Because a stock is correct for one person will not be any indication of how well it will work for you.

The stock is beautiful and would cost around $ 3300.00 if I were to build one. The price is right just why would you buy a stock because it's just like so and so's.

When is perazzi going to jump on the bandwagon and offer the Stafford Stock?

It is also my understanding that Fred sold out and is leaving the business shortly if he hasn't already.

I would love to hear from someone who knows who set up the origional stock that this one is patterned after? I wonder?

I'll be the first to say it Harlan is a great shooter and Wenig did the wood on his current gun. Harlan is one of the best shooting instructors I have had the pleasure of working with as well.

Wenig makes fine gunstocks and as a rule there workmanship is of a high standard.

Call it what it is another gunstock that looks like many others out there and were around long before the TS was ever marketed.

Joe Goldberg

G
#4 ·
Joe,

If you would ask questions before jumping to conclusions you would know the reason why this stock and forearm is for sale.

The stock was ordered last fall at the Missouri Handicap for my friends new K-80 TS. This was in a sit down with Fred Wenig, Harlan Campbell, and my friend. The stock arrived 8 weeks later just as promised. My friend has been shooting the gun ever since and just isn't consistant enough with the gun. He has since decided to trade it in for a different gun, because that's what trapshooters do, that will be here in a few weeks. The dealer that he is trading with wants the gun with the factory wood that came with it. Hence the reason why I am offering it, on his behalf, for sale.

Harlan Campbell worked quite a while with Fred Wenig coming up with this stock shape. My friend shot Harlan's gun and felt that it fit him very well and both Harlan and Fred were in total agreement. They just had to change a couple of measurements so that it would be better suited to my friend. The stock had nothing to do with why he is getting rid of the K-80. It's just the dynamics are not there for him.

And now you know the rest of the story.

I just figured that a person could save themselves a couple of grand and 8 weeks of waiting time.

ec90t

G
#5 ·
I forgot to post this in my earlier thread.

Ricky Marshall also shoots this same shape stock and it was also built by Fred.

This wood was personally picked by Fred to compliment the K-80 that my friend is trading in.

ec90t

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.