1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S K-80 New American Stock

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JGS, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JGS

JGS Member

I traded in my K-80 Super Scroll and I have a New American style stock and forearm for sale for $2000.
    I've enclosed pictures.

2. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

What grade is the wood on your stock? Will it fit any K-80 without additional work? Thanks.

3. JGS

JGS Member

The stock was made by Wenig and it's called their New American model. It's upgraded wood and it will fit any K-80 receiver. You can check the Wenig website for specific details on the design. The stock should not be used on the high rib Kreighoff K-80 Trap Special. I bought the stock last Fall and I had it on my K-80 Super Scroll combo. When I traded the gun two weeks ago I put the original Krieghoff stock and forearm back on the gun and kept this stock and forearm. JGS

4. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

Do you know if it was exhibition grade etc? I'm just trying to get a feel for what a new stock in the same grade would sell for. Thanks.

5. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

Do you know if it was exhibition grade etc? I'm just trying to get a feel for what a new stock in the same grade would sell for. Thanks.

6. JGS

JGS Member

Big Bopper, The stock was purchased from Clay Target Sports in Priceton, N.J., and looking at the Wenig website, I have to assume it is at least Wenig's Extra Fancy Grade wood. It certainly is equal to the Krieghoff Super Scroll wood I took off my K-80. The stock and forearm are beautiful, and the pictures I've shown don't do them justice. The pictures were taken by putting the stock and forearm on my office scanner. As the Wenig website gently puts it, they "have noticed a 'general trend' in the stocks they build. Most shooters need a Monte Carlo type stock with an offset parallel comb, closer grip, and toe out." I must say I unfortunately resemble the American trapshooter in this profile and the stock is extremely comfortable. The Wenig website goes on to say "this allows the shooter to keep his/her head upright and provides for more overall stability...These features provide the shooter with the most comfortabale stock ever made." Approximate dimensions are 1-3/8 x 1-3/8 x 2-1/2 x 14-1/4 with a 1/4" offset comb and a 3/8" toe out (no offset at heel). This style also features a palm swell and a 3" grip length from the back of the trigger guard. I hope this information is helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

k80 new american stock