1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S John Hall Case & Aries UBI Combo Case

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by sim32, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sim32

sim32 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

For Sale: John Hall Case. Grey with dark brown velour interior. Someone had pulled all the guts out of this one. Best I can figure it was set up for a four barrel set. It appears all the peices are there, but I did'nt bother glueing it back together as most people would want to turn it into something else anyway. All hinges, latches, and lock are good. A little scuffed up, but I don't think it had much use. 36 x 6 x 7
    Also have an Aries Custom Combo Case. I call it a UBI (ulgy but indestructable) I've never heard of this company, but this is a heavy duty case. Don't want your nice Americase to get beat up by the airlines? This is the answer. Aluminum portion built like a Nasco with the board sides like an Americase. Heavy duty aircraft latches, full length hinge, water seal, and a heavy duty lock that I don't have a key for. Outside is rough looking and the inside is pretty clean. Black velour, good padding, missing a peice between the receiver and forend storage. This case looks like it would hold up to anything short of fire. Not too heavy at 15lb. 36 1/2 x 10 x 4 1/2 will take 34" barrels. Will take 70.00 for the John Hall and 60.00 for the Aries plus actual cost shipping. BOTH CASES SOLD, PAID FOR, AND SHIPPED, THANKS GUYS!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. vatrap

vatrap Member

0   0   0

Kent,
    Do you have the keys for the John Hall case?
    If it will take 34" barrels, consider it sold.

Mike

3. sim32

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Update info on the John Hall case to clear some things up.
    Mike - The case is long enough to take a 34" barrel, but what should be done with this is to get some matching material and redo the interior. After posting the pictures I put all the pieces together and realized this is not a four barrel case but a skeet tube set case, set up to hold gun, one barrel, and a set of sub gauge tubes. As far as I know all John Hall cases shared the same plastic shell, they just had different interiors. I've had this for a couple of years planning to convert it to a combo case, I just have too many projects already, and I have too many cases also. The shell is in great shape so it's worth doing. No key required, outside latches don't lock and center is a combo, set to 0. Latches are same as found on an Americase.

I did receive an earlier email, don't know if he's a buyer yet.

Aries case is sold pending funds.

Thanks, Kent

4. vatrap

vatrap Member

0   0   0

Kent,

I'm still interested, I need a case to fit a Citori Plus with a PFS stock to fly with. The rib is tall and aluminum, so it needs to be well protected. Flying to the Autumn Grand in November and I don't have a case for it that I feel comfortable flying with.

Thanks,

Mike

5. sim32

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Mike,

While you should be able to make a nice interior custom fit to your Citori, I must be honest and say while John Halls are neat cases I would NOT consider this case solid enough for the abuse associated with air travel. You should have jumped on that Aries I had, I think it could be thrown from a plane and survive. Not that I would'nt like to sell my case, but it sounds like you have a nice set-up that you're happy with - protect it with a case built to fly with. Keep an eye out for a used Americase or a Nasco or something like that, It will cost you more money, but you'll worry a lot less on your flight.

Kent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.