1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S: Jack West Adjustable Comb Stocks

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by skeet_man, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

[​IMG]

Just wanted to let you all know that Smingler Shotgun Sports is now going to be carrying the "Jack West" line of adjustable Remington shotgun stocks and forends, in both black and the new carbon graphite finishes. I will add all the info to my website shortly, but I thought I'd post them up here for anyone that might be interested.

Pricing is as follows:

Rem 870 Stock Only, Black $179.95

Rem 870 Stock Set, Black $199.95

Rem 870 Stock Set, Carbon Graphite $219.95

Rem 1100 Stock Only, Black $179.95

Rem 1100 Stock Set, Black $199.95

Rem 1100 Stock Set, Carbon Graphite $219.95

Rem 11-87 Stock Only, Black $179.95

Rem 11-87 Stock Set, Black $199.95

Rem 11-87 Stock Set, Carbon Graphite $219.95

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Maybe you should advertise on this site. Just a thought. Jeff

3. skeet_man

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

The 870 stock (just not the forend) will also work on a Remington 58, 878, or 11-96...

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Ian, the 1100/11-87 will work on the ll-96, not the 870. I had one.

5. skeet_man

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Right you are. They seemed to be a nice gun, I handled one or two, probably not enough different from the 1187 at the time to have product differentiation...

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Actually, I had 2 11-96's. One a 28" and the other a 26". The 28" I modified to use for Sporting clays (ported it, Hastings adjustable trigger, added 5 oz to the forearm) and I shot it loose after about 40,000 rounds. The aluminum receiver and magazine tube just didn't hold up well to target use (Yes, I know that it wasn't made for that, but I did it anyway). I loved the way those guns handled for field use...very fast pointing, low recoil, just a pleasure to shoot. I thought that the area on the top of the rear of the receiver looked really cool the way that they milled it out to save additional weight.

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I received an email from Brownell's overnight advertising the EXACT same stocks - same photos, same pistol grip shape, same comb cut, same options and same prices - as being made by Bill Davis Enterprises (URL above).

Ed

8. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Ed, to clear up the confusion......Bill Davis produced the Speed Feed line of stocks for many years. He is now producing the current version of Jack's excellent stocks with Jack as a partner. According to Bill, I am currently the most active dealer for these stocks.

Ken Rucker

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I wish the older version buttstock was still available. I don't care for the eggaggerated "Weatherby" style pistol grip. But whaddaya gunna do? This is the only game in town.<br>
    <br>
    Will these stocks readily take paint?<br>
    <br>
    Will the buttstock directly accept the Remington R3 recoil pad (or any pad made specifically for the 870/1100/1187 synthetic stocks)?

10. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Brian, I wish I had known your wants. I sold two of the original style ones at the World Skeet shoot last week. The new ones don't accept the same pads as any Remington syn. stock to my knowledge.

Ken Rucker

11. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

Brian,

Jack West stocks are easily painted and almost as easily unpainted. You can use a standard grade of paint stripper to remove paint without harming/softening the plastic of the stock. This is also true of the checkered area.

I only wish they had a model with a right-handed palmswell.

ss

12. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Brian, I forgot about your paint question....sorry!! As shortshucker said, yes, they are very paintable. They are a polycarbonate material, so the only trick is to use a primer that is suited for it.

Shortshucker....the new model has subtle, dual palm swells......subtle, but there.

Ken

13. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Most auto body shops should be able to paint PFS parts. They paint plastic interior and exterior parts all the time and know what kind of flex agents to use.

Ed

14. Peasant

Peasant TS Member

0   0   0

Do you have these to fit a Winchester Super x model 1 Trap?
    Thanks
    Ugo

15. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The J W stocks are only made for Remington products at this time. I am trying to convince Bill to make the same stock for Beretta 390/391's, but the cost of the mold is prohibitive.

Ken Rucker

16. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

gll... Mash on the above link and you are there. Very nice unit and priced right as well... Dan Thome (Trap2)

17. skeet_man

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Stocks now up on my website, available for checkout via paypal right from the website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bill davis vs jack west adjustable stock

jack west adjustable stock

jack west adjustable stock parts list
what type of adjustable comb does the jack west stock use