1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Hornady Pacific 366 12 Gauge - Sold

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by t7731, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t7731

t7731 Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Included with the press are 14 powder bushings and 5 shot bushings, including 1 oz, 1 1/8 oz and 1 1/4 oz

This press is in excellent condition and works great. Sold

EASY EMPTY POWDER AND SHOT HOPPER TUBES

AUTOMATIC PRIMER FEED SYSTEM

THREE-STAGE TAPER LOC CRIMPING

POWDER SHUT-OFF AND SHOT SHUT-OFF

SWING-OUT WAD GUIDE

AUTOMATIC INDEXING

FULL-LENGTH RESIZING STATION

SHOT DRAIN HOLES IN SHELL PLATE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. no powder

no powder Member

0   0   0

where r u ?

3. t7731

t7731 Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Baltimore, MD

4. t7731

t7731 Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

ttt for Price Reduction

5. wcw2323

wcw2323 TS Member

0   0   0

Hello,

How old is this reloader, how much use has it had, and have you had to replace any parts?

Thanks, Warren

6. t7731

t7731 Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Warren,

I am not the original owner, so I do not know exactly how old it is. If I had to guess, I would say less than 10 years. I can tell you this, "Hornaday Mfg Company" is stamped into the base of the machine. The older 366's that were built prior to Hornady buying Pacific are stamped "Pacific Tool Company". The guy I bought this from had two of them and did not use this one all that much as evidenced by its condition. He told me that he in fact hasn't used at all in the past five years and that it had just been sitting in a box in his basement.

I bought this machine as an upgrade to my MEC 9000g. I have never had any problems with my MEC, I have just been told by many people that the Hornady is a much better loader. I will say that it's construction is far superior to a MEC and that it is no wonder that guys are using this same loader from 40+ years ago. I have spent a few hours adjusting all of the stations and it makes really great shells. It did not appear as if any of the parts needed to be replaced and I inspected all of them. In fact, the wad guide fingers appear to be almost brand new, which again leads me to believe this machine has had very little use (I suppose it could have been replaced).

The only reason I am selling the loader is that I find myself going back to my MEC. To be honest, the 366 doesn't seem to make shells as fast. This is probably just because I am not used to it as the two are quite different machines. I can say this, if I were to walk into the store and had never used either machine, I would have definitely bought the Hornady as it is obviously a better built machine that will no doubt outlast the MEC 3 or 4 times.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Hornady bought Pacific Tool Company back in 1971. You really can't use that as a basis that the machine isn't that old. The older 366's have blued dies like this one does. The newer ones are shiny metal and I believe aluminum dies. This machine also has the wad pressure gauge which the new generation of 366's do not. Just a FYI......

8. t7731

t7731 Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Well see, shows you what I know, so let me start over. I have no idea how old it is, but I do know it is well worth what I am asking for it.

9. wcw2323

wcw2323 TS Member

0   0   0

Hello,

Can you calculate the shipping costs to NH, zip code 03444?

Thanks, Warren

10. t7731

t7731 Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

UPS Ground is about $30

The dimensions are 18 x 17 x 11 and the box weighs about 30 lbs.

11. t7731

t7731 Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Warren,

I sent you a PM

12. wcw2323

wcw2323 TS Member

0   0   0

Here's my email address:
    wcw2323@gmail.com

Thread Status: