1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Hornady Apex 3.1 Reloader

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by crossman, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crossman

crossman Member

For Sale Hornady Apex 3.1 Reloader $175.00 plus shipping. Good working condition. 740-492-1500

Thanks for looking. Dave

2. crossman

crossman Member

3. Claybusta

Claybusta TS Member

Apex Reloader in what Guauge???

4. southpark

southpark TS Member

If it is 12 gauge, how can someone not buy this?

Many here grouss about the start up cost of reloading; well here's your chance to try one with advanced features on the cheap.

Worried about it breaking?

Call up Hornady and ask for tech support. Explain you have an Apex 3.1 and were wondering what they would do if a part breaks.

After they tell you they will send you a replacement part for free you may want to jump all over this one.

5. crossman

crossman Member

Sorry.... it is a 12 gauge

6. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

I had two apex loaders -- 12 and 20 purchased new -- both were taken care of and well maintained -- started having primer feed problems with both and finally got tired of "PAYING" for parts to fix them -- after many calls to their Tech support with nothing fixed sold both of them cheap -- they will only send parts that they "DEEM" as a failed part not as "normal wear" -- the problem I had with them was poor tech. design in the primed feed area -- the layout of loaders and the features on the loaders were good ideas -- but not good mech. design

7. J.P.

J.P. TS Member

I agree with DMM, if you are only going to load 100-200/month, snap it up. Like most new products they have teething problems and some were good and a lot were lemons. It made good shells, and was fast, to the point of primer feed glitches and dirt jamming the activation rods. MEC 9000g would be more fun, or a grabber. See E Bay.

8. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

And I will stand by what I said about Apex loaders -- I have loaded over 150,000 shells in my shooting time -- started out with single stage Mec's -- 650 Mec's -- 9000G Mecs -- Apex gave me more trouble than all the others combined

9. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

I had a Apex loader and was NOTHING BUT TROUBLE!! Primer parts 3 times and finaly sent the whole loader back to them for a rebuild. When I got it back I sold it for $125.00 and never looked back. I know they discontinued making them sometime back and was told by there service department when the supply of parts are gone thats it.

CHEERS

10. shooter99

What we also need is "BUYER BEWARE" It is like Consumers report. We tested the product and now we are giving a review. I don't think you would like it if you bought something and found out latter that it was a bad deal when some of the posters here could of warned you. Shootem you had your say and so did I.

Cheers

11. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Everyone who can afford it should buy a Spolar. Of course, both of mine were purchased cheap from people who disliked them!!

12. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

There are 2 ways to look at bad mouthing a product on here for sale. If you are the one selling it you wouldn't want people bad mouthing it. If your the one laying down your good hard earned money on something you surely would want to know if your waisting your cash. Thats what is good about forums. It some what lets people speak there mind. I always search things out before purchasing. If you read on here enough. You will know what is a good buy or what isn't.

13. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I have used an Apex 3.1 and loaded a bunch of 12 ga shells with it...oh, maybe 7-10K shells....worked fine. I agree that the primer feed is its weakness, but also agree that primer feed is a weakness in all reloaders.

3.1 made darn fine looking shells....now I have a spolar with hydro..serial # 420...now that is a fine reloader...and the primer feed is still its weakest feature.

14. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Crossman - will you take a counter offer of $150 + shipping? I can Paypal.

Regarding Hornady Service, I can only say very friendly on the phone and they've warranteed everything that has ever broke without question on my Apex 3.0 . Top notch in my book.

Jay Spitz

15. crossman

crossman Member

Loader is sold, Thank you all for looking.

16. doctordennis

doctordennis TS Member

Is this still for sale? I have one and have absolutely loved it from the first day. A few small problems but I have never had anything that I couldn't fix. Here is the "keeper" for this loader: I have loaded over 300,000 shells and I will tell you this loader will load faster than any other loader out there. Of course I don't consider a box of shells loaded until it is actually in the box and this is the only loader that allows me to stack the shells in the boxer as I load. Casually a box every 3.5 minutes. Yes it takes keeping it clean but it only takes soap and water to clean. Never use solvents as the disolve some of the plastic parts. My only complaint is that it doesn't hold enough shot powder or primers for as fast as the loader is. You boys that have problems with this loader are probably just a little short on IQ points and long in "forcing" things. By the way this loader sat next to a Spolar and a hydraulic Ponsness, with shell feed, in a little competition with a couple fellow shooters that liked to brag about how fast they could load shells. These two guys used to tell me how they would load and then take the bucket of shells and sit and watch TV while they boxed them. When we had the little 20 box competition I joined them on the couch completely finished and watched them finish boxing the last 10 or twelve boxes. Mine were already boxed and packed in my shooting bags. They bought the beer and pizza and I decided to keep my little loader that could!!!

17. shooter99

Look boys, I only stated the problems that I encountered with the unit I had and that several others had problems also. Not once did I ever mention the IQ level of any person or indicate that somebody must have a low IQ to give a bad report. So my closing words for you people that like to insult is "When you go home tonight I hope your MOTHER comes out from under the porch and bites you"

CHEERS

18. shooter99

Thank you jcl I expected nothing less from your kind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
content
hornady apex
hornady apex 12 ga loader
hornady apex 20 ga reloader
hornady apex loader

hornady apex reloader

hornady apex reloader for sale

onity apex reloader