1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S: High grade LH Kolar Stock and F/E

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Skeet_Man/?action=view&current=000_0005.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Skeet_Man/?action=view&current=000_0005_00.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Skeet_Man/?action=view&current=000_0008.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

For Sale: Upgraded Kolar Left Hand stock and schnable forend. I believe this stock is a #6002 "Twisted Sister" stock (dimensions are very close if not exact), but it may be custom, I believe the dimensions are roughly 1.5" at the front of the comb x 1.5" at the back of the comb x 2.75-3" at the heel. Suffice it to say theres a lot of offset at the comb and butt, and a lot of toe out, much more than the 6003 trap stock. I thought the stock would be a perfect fit for me, but unfortunately it has too much drop at the heel for my preferences. My Kolar is at the 'smiths right now for some ejector work so I can't put the stock on to take any measurements, but my gun should be back later this week if you need hard numbers. This set has the #3 Floral checkering pattern. I would say this set is at least two upgrades above standard (the gentleman I bought it from said he was told it was exhibition, but i'm not sure it would rate quite that high, you be the judge) which would put its replacement value at at least $3000, plus extra for upgraded checkering.

I would rate this stock set at 97%, with only a couple SMALL dings in the finish (the kind of handling marks you'd expect on a gun that was on the rack at the dealer for a few weeks), and they are so small you have to see them in the right light and at the right angle, and be looking for them. Any "marks" you see in the pics are just flash reflections, I couldn't capture any defects with the camera if I wanted to. No chips, cracks, or splits. Really the only way to get a stock set in any better condition would be to buy it from the mfg as soon as it comes off the line.

Stock has a very striking 3d effect to the grain, showing a slightly different pattern and color structure depending on the angle you hold it at, none of them bad.

Price is $2000 OBO for the set including shipping and insurance. I will also give you a good price on just the stock in case schnable forends aren't your thing and you want to have kolar make you a std style forend to match (I kinda want to keep the forend to use w/ my PFS LOL). I am also open to trades.

Email kolarskeet@gmail.com

2. skeet_man

up on gunsamerica now: http://www.gunsamerica.com/Classifieds/Guns/_925828970.aspx

3. skeet_man

all emails returned, if you sent me a message and didn't receive a reply, please contact me again (my email has been acting a little funny today).

First cash takes this set. Don't wait, this is the first LH set of this caliber i've seen for sale, and if you wanted another like it, you'd be paying retail from kolar for it, buy this set from me and save @ least 33% over the cost of new.

Will also take RH wood, or other kolar items on toward this set.

4. skeet_man

If you like this set, make me an offer, you might be surprised!

5. skeet_man

Got my gun back today, so here are hard numbers:

Measured from Kolar step-rib or ramp rib- 1 5/8 x 1 5/8 x 2 5/8

Measured from Kolar flat rib- 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 2 1/2

LOP just a touch over 14 1/2" with trigger in the middle position

Grip measures 4" from trigger in middle position to the bottom of the grip.

6. skeet_man

Price reduced to $1800

7. skeet_man

New pics, taken in natural sunlight:

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Skeet_Man/?action=view&current=000_0002-1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Skeet_Man/?action=view&current=000_0003-1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Skeet_Man/?action=view&current=000_0004.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

8. skeet_man

9. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

I'm a lefty, so this was an interesting post... however,

To me, this does not look like a skeet stock, it looks more like a trap stock. A high rib trap stock. That is a three inch Monte Carlo I'm look at there. "Skeet" ... is that stated wrong???

10. skeet_man

With the measurements, it is really a universal stock, typical trap stock dimensions, but would work equally as well on a skeet gun, as 1.5" drop @ the comb is sufficient for 90% of shooters (unfortunately i'm not one of them), and this would work well off a flat ribbed skeet or sporting gun. DAH is only 1" more than the drops at the comb, it amazed me too that it wasn't more than 2.5" DAH, but I measured it half a dozen times to confirm, i think its just an optical illusion because of the way the monte carlo is cut.

11. skeet_man

Reduced to $1600. Also, look for ad in your upcoming trap and field for this set.

12. skeet_man

Update: I took the stock out to see if I could get a cast measurement, I noticed a small scratch/crack in the finish on the top RH side of the inlet. I can confidently say that this does not extend into the wood, it is only finish deep, it is no where any grain, and isn't near a stressed area.

I'm reducing the price to $1400 shipped for the set in light of this revelation, and i'll offer you a three day inspection as well so you can verify my statements.

13. skeet_man

OK, lets make a drastic move and try to get this thing sold, i'm tired of looking at it LOL.

$1000 shipped w/ 3 day inspection! $3k+ replacement cost, and with this reduction you'll have plenty left to have the stock refinished if desired.

14. skeet_man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.