1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S - Hard to Come By Colts

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by cle, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cle

cle Member

0   0   0

Colt SERIES 80 GOVERNMENT MODEL SS/Blue 40 S&W full on tactical/defense handgun

**Ed Brown barrel & bushing
    **Extended recoil rod
    **Adjustable skeleton trigger
    **Combat hammer
    **Ambidextrious safety
    **Adj. rear Bomar sights - dovetailed from post
    **Combat beavertail grip safety
    **Two marked Colt 40 S&@ mags
    **Black rubber Colt wraparound grips with Colt medallions
    **Believed to have had trigger & accuracy jobs
    **Colt blue plastic case with tags, wrappers & manual - also Colt overwrap cardboard box.

Yes guys it's a Colt factory original Government Model in cal: 40 S&W.
    Price - $1,100.

Yes I know it's not listed in the Blue Book. But, believe me, I've got the gun and the box and the Colt label on the box says 40 S&W.

Colt PYTHON - 6 inch nickel finish.
    Has been fired but really in excellent condition
    Colt blue plastic case & Colt Python instructions
    Price - $1,600.

Please don't start yaking about Blue Book prices. I know what's in the book and the book is only a GUIDE based on the publisher's best guesses as to nationwide selling prices. Lots and lots of regional variations. These kind of guns are not laying around in every gun shop, and good guns cost money.

Guns are in northern IL & I'd really, really like to avoid shipping them and fooling with money transfers and three day inspections, etc.

cle_2008_0303.jpg

cle_2008_03031.jpg

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

For what it's worth, unless someone was foolish enough to devalue that Python by polishing its stainless steel finish, that's a nickel-plated carbon steel gun. I have never seen stainless polished up that bright.

Ed

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Sorry to tell you friend,but on this site they will bash if it's not TRUE MKT. VALUE---Stick to what you want---They look great to me---George@SJB---

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'm not bashing - in fact, I hoped to HELP him sell that Python. Altered high-end handguns usually are worth a LOT less than an original one and I see polished stainless Smith & Wessons not even draw a bid on $1.00-to-start auctions. No one wants them.

Ed

5. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

I'll take a $1 polished S&W. May not be a collectible, but that won't stop me from shooting it :)

6. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I've got a Model 66 that was polished by the S&W Performance Center.
    I turned down several offers for it where I could have tripled my money.
    Polished stainless is better looking the nickel and it doesn't flake
    or discolor like nickel.

7. one1bird

one1bird TS Member

0   0   0

As to the 40 picture of that label would be great Also what is factory original and what is add-on?
    thanks
    Pat

8. cle

cle Member

0   0   0

^^ Up ^^

9. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

0   0   0

If the .40 has an Ed Brown barrel and bushing, wouldnt that make it not factory original?

Oscar

10. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

0   0   0

I thought Colt made some stainless handguns that came from the factory with the "polished stainless" finish. Hmmmmmmmm!!!!........Uncle Sam, Pa.

11. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

0   0   0

yeah,and they had a special name for it too, like "ultimate something or other"?

12. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

0   0   0

yes sir,its called ULTIMATE BRIGHT stainless steel finish,as per the bluebook.

13. Lostintheozone

Lostintheozone Member

0   0   0

I see we have some Colt experts on this board. That's really not a very good photo of that python and it could easily be polished stainless and probably is. Colt has done a lot of polished stainless in their custom shop. I know, I have a Gov't model in PSS.

CLE, you should post your guns on the colt forum where they usually know what they are looking at and don't try to run your stuff down.

Very nice and should sell without a problem. Prices don't look out of line to me.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.