1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S: hand tied bluegill jigs

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by powderburn, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hi everyone,
    I posted a few days ago with some dreadful pictures, and finally got some good pics of some of my latest work at the fly tying vise. These are 1/64th oz, #8 gold Eagle Claw jig heads tied with chenille bodies and rubber legs. These are popular down in southen IN around the strip pits, and thought I would try my luck at selling some here. They are .85 ea, orders of 12 will win you one freebie. Shipping has varied from 1.71, to 1.08, to .64. The post office seems to have a gray area with shipping these. I don't know why. Anyway, I don't want to make any money on shipping, so I can keep costs down. I will try to get you an estimate on shipping before they ship. I prefer prepay in any method you're comfy with-check, money order, cashiers check, etc. So, give these a whirl if you like. The heads are painted with 2 coats of acrylic, and two coats of clear coat over that for durability and shine. For any fly tier folks out there, I finish the heads of the jigs with 3 half hitches and 4 wraps with a whip finisher after the half hitches. These are durable jigs. Any inquiries are appreciated. These are meant for ultra-light gear, to be fished tight line, or with a slip bobber, tipped with a chunk of live bait or not. Whatever the gills want that day. Make 'em happy! Thanks for looking! I'm also tying some 1/100th oz. heads for a much smaller look, to be fly fished or used through the ice. Same price.

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

I tie on a black dry ant about 8" up from a small jig baited with a wax worm.

I catch many big, bait shy gills on the fly with no bait.

3. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

TTT
    Also, many thanks to Scott Hayden at Paige's Music for helping me with the pics. -powderburn

4. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

TTT for all the bluegill anglers out there...

5. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

TTT
    Christmas is just around the door. An order of these jigs would make a dandy stocking stuffer! Just looking out for your ideas for Christmas.........

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

powderburn,

Now we're cook'n with gas........ Nice pics!!! Far cry from what you had up before. Show's the detail, colors and craftsmanship clearly. Good luck to you. This should help sales.

titan

7. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

Still tyin' and still for sale!

8. dhip

dhip Active Member

0   0   0

You wouldn't be interested in tieing any 1/4 oz. bass jigs would Ya?

Purchased,, unfortunately,, 1 a year ago in N.Y.,Lake Oneida area.Never seen one like it before,and the Bass hammered it til one took it from me.

Specs
    purple hair,black rubber,silicone blue with sparkles.

I've never found another jig with all three as a combo,but it was a killer bait.

Doug H.

9. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

Hi Doug,
    Well, I could certainly try for you. So, the body was soft plastic it sounds. What was the body like-tube with the legs on the back, or curly tail? Was the lead head painted? The purple hair-was it bucktail? and the "silicone blue with sparkles"-this sounds like a spinner bait style skirt. I'm just trying to visualize the shape of the lure, and the order I need to tie things on. The way it sounds, I would tie on the blue sparkly skirt on behind the lead head, the black rubber-soft plastic-on the straight part of the hook (shank) and the purple bucktail on the back-as a tail. Let me know if this sounds right. Email any time.
    Thanks!

10. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

11. dhip

dhip Active Member

0   0   0

Ok,It was a normal 1/4 ounce jig head.Ido believe the purple was buck hair., The black rubber was skirt material,like a spinnerbait,same with the silicone skirt material,like a spinnerbait.It looked like someone used seperate strands of the black and silicone material instead of a preformed skirt.I don't remember the order of materials,as far as what went on first.My guess would be which ever material flares out the most in water was probably on first.But trying to visualize it,maybe black skirt material first,then bucktail follwed by silicone.It caught my eye for sure,and it was a bass catching sun of a gun,,That'll teach me never to buy one of something for sure.

12. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

TTT
    Still tying, and still selling these jigs. Been pretty busy getting orders completed. Will be doing some standard weight/hook size jigs for crappie here very soon. Will be tying some unique patterns that you will never see in the stores. I will post pics as I do them. They will be combinations of colors for the body and I will place the rubber legs in different positions on the jig for different looks and undulations in the water. Stay tuned. It's never too late to get ready for the spring fling with our dear tasty friends, the white and black crappies. -powderburn

13. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

14. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Powderburn, how much for 2 dozen crappie jigs? Shipped to 60450. Harv.

15. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

16. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

17. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

18. williamkelly

williamkelly Member

0   0   0